Face Balm

I have been hearing about face balms since the last few months. Abroad they have attained a little bit of cult status for people with dry or mature skins.

Face Balms are basically simple beeswax and oil formulations, made in such a way to provide instant relief to dry skin, while not creating a oily mess on the face. They are super-rich with essential oils and calm the skin instantly. They are also highly portable as they in solid formulations. Unfortunately they are yet to come to our shores.

Quite inadvertently I found my face balm last week.

In a hurry to drop my parents to the station, I washed my face with a bar of soap. About an hour into the journey, my skin began to feel stretched and itchy. Fumbling in my huge bag, I realised that I was not carrying any lotion, and I still had another 3 hours of travel in front of me.

That is when it happened. In utter desperation.

I grabbed the tube of Nivea Hydro Care Lip Balm (the one in the light blue tube) and very gingerly applied some over one cheek. It felt good. My skin stop screaming for moisture. Soon I had it slathered all over my dry patches. Relief at last.

The lip balm spread in a very thin layer on my face and instantly provided moisture, without giving me a whitish cast.

Since then I have begun carrying this as my emergency face balm. To slather over that pesky dry patch. And it works great. It has not broken me out, and is actually very good face balm replacement. It absorbs instantly, but also leaves behind a very light film that prevents further dryness.

What the company claims: The light formula of NIVEA Hydro Care lip balm quickly absorbs and leaves a sensationally soft feeling on your lips. Enriched with pure water and jojoba oil it supports the natural moisturization process of your lips.
  • Provides intensive and long lasting moisturization
  • Is quickly absorbed due to its light formula
  • Does not leave a greasy feeling, only smooth and soft lips
  • Dermatologist tested.
Have any of you ever resorted to extreme measures like this to deal with dry skin, or sampled face balm?

 

Price: Rs. 140 for a 4.8 gm tube

Comments

  1. OMG! What a novel idea!!! REALLY BRILLIANT! UR SO GOOD TANVEER!!

    P.S: want some beeswax?? ;)

    P.P.S: THANKKKKSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worked for me when I got these dry patches on my face and I didn't have any cream with me. Had to use my Vaseline jelly!! I used it only on the dry patches though, not on my entire face. Didn't know this "face balm" thing...I always learn something new at your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haan I've heard of this but never got curious 'cos my skin type will never need this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah this happened with me once too. i always apply lotion after washing my face because otherwise it just won't do, but once i did forget and used my lip balm this way. it's excellent for those pesky patches and instantly soothes the stretchy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I have done it. What I mostly do with a lip balm/vaseline is keeping my hair/bangs in place. I also use lip balm on my sheeks for that little dewy or blush effect. lol


    <3

    www.shoppingaholic.com
    www.luxafarianfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe The Body Shop used to do a solid moisturiser some time ago, which worked the same way. I haven't seen it in the last two years though.
    Cheers about your remedy! I wish i could de-grease my face with a similar quick-fix.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ! I never paid any heed to it since my skin type hardly needs any moisture .. But I used to apply vaseline on dry patches of my body but after the grand discovery of body lotion/butters , I have stopped using vaseline altogether :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope that you are feeling 100% better now!!
    Eucerin Aquaphor is my favorite chapped lip solution and recently I found myself using it for dry skin on the back of my hands. It worked like a charm! I also like to use hand cream to de-frizz my hair. Gotta love multi-tasking products, they make for lighter handbags :)

    www.make-up-newbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my God Tanveer !!! you are Genius ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Neha: Thks a lot babes! & congrats - Yr movie is getting very good reviews :)

    Do let me know what you do once you get that beeswax.

    @Rads: Thks, I heard about face balms from Bobbi Brown's book - she just keeps raving about them ;)

    @Ki: Yea, Oilies may not need this

    @Rima: You must understand - the kind of weird feeling dry skin gives when you skip lotion. The balm was such a relief :)

    @Shoppingaholic: Wow, on the hair? That is unique use. :) Bobbi Brown recommends face balm for a dewy look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts