Products of August '10
Not that I am complaining, I love the rains. I so much prefer them to the heat & summers in Mumbai. I would rather get drenched in the rain, than sweat under the sun.
But the rains have also bought a lot of illness, people are falling ill with malaria & diarrhea & flu. Almost everyone I know is battling something. I hope everyone gets well soon!
Chalo, Now it is time to go through my hits & misses of the month
1. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Cherries in the Glow: I first sported this lipgloss on Divija's Blog, and I knew I wanted this. I finally laid my hands on this last month, and I absolutely love it! In the bottle it looks like a plain cherry red, that you fear might be too bright. On the lips, it is a sheer fleshy red pink that looks very natural.
It has hardly any shimmer, and it goes with all kinds of eye makeup looks. I think I may have found my HG Nude Lip Gloss. It also has a very light smell, and is very moisturising. As you can tell, I am in love with this.
2. Colorbar Apple Martini Nail Paint: Cynthia first swatched this here and started like a whole lemming drive behind this. Every second blogger wanted this, I was no different. This is an out there color, it will invite comment - some people will like it, some won't. It is kind of like the Bisleri Green color on my nails. I like it, and also like the fact that it draws attention.
3. Chambor Eye Art Pencil in Dark Brown & Grey: I have been using this pencils for a few months now. This costs some 400 Rs, and comes with a smudger at the back. It is longer when compared to most eye pencils, doesn't smudge after you have let it set for a minute and both colors are non-shimmery and perfect for office wear.
4. Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Plum Perfect (435): I know, I said I can't stand the smell. Still Can't. But I figured a way to use this very pretty berry plum shade, thanks to Lisa Eldridge. I just dab the lipstick onto my index finger and then lightly dab that onto my lips. That way I get a very nice plum tint, without the texture of a lipstick, that caramel smell, and the dryness of a lip tint. Like I just ate a few berries, Just perfect.
5. ELF Cream Duo Eyeshadow in Mocha Swirl: Costs Rs. 199/-. This is a set of a light milky coffee brown and a deeper taupe like brown. Since this is a cream, it is very easy to blend around the eye. I use the BeYu primer underneath it, and it lasts for around 3 hours. The colors are pretty, the texture is good. But I wish they lasted longer, and also that ELF had some more shades in this range.
That's it for this month. Saving up to splurge in a big way on Diwali.
What were your favourite buys this month?
wow I've read a LOT about cherries in the glow!!but i thought it would be red and not pink... and its cool that you found a way to use the maybelline lipsticks. i use the same method for dark colours.ReplyDelete
Wonder when elf and jordana will come to chennai?*sob*
Is ELF available in India...I SOOO want to buy all of their stuffs!!!ReplyDelete
hey my fav prods would be nail color:-now am into "frankening" but i do have the shade "apple martini" with me and its groovy. lips:- max factor shine gloss and faces lipgloss,eyes:-estee lauder eye pencil in black and jordana "eggplant" loooveeeeee tat purple!skincare:-dermalogica skin hydrating booster(coz its monsoon and tends to make my facial skin flaky!)ReplyDelete
cost cutting mode :)ReplyDelete
So you finally managed to get that lipstick to work for you...was wondering what you would do with it :DReplyDelete
i had the super lustrous gloss and loved it while it lasted :)ReplyDelete
Where is elf available in Mumbai?ReplyDelete
You're luck that you have ELF stores around!! :(ReplyDelete
I really wanted to try colorbar nail paints...I don't know why i didnt :(ReplyDelete
btw, just wanted to ask you - since you have a LOT of blushes, how do you decide which one to wear every morning? With the little makeup I have, I end up taking AGES to choose which product to use...ReplyDelete
Hehe...I wasn't aware that I started a lemming drive :D. But I was half out of the blogging loop at the time.ReplyDelete
Glad to hear u still use the Color Sensational inspite of the smell :)
hey which concealer,foundation,compact n highlighter do use ? daily wear n party wear ?ReplyDelete
@Poohkie: It is kind of red, not completely pink. Kind of like a cherry color.ReplyDelete
I had to do something with those lippies. Brand new, they were just going waste.
@Srish: yes, ELF is available in India, but their Studio line has not been launched.
@Indianmakeupways: I loved yr idea of franking, it was just amazing! I too love jordana eggplant, only it doesn't last very long. Nice prdts of the mnth :)
@Retnu: LOL, I am gonna go in that mode very soon. Saving up :)
@Rads: yea, I wld keep staring that them and lamenting on the money down the drain. Finally I figured a way out.
@Anon: You'll ELF at all Beauty Centre outlets in Mumbai.ReplyDelete
@Shoppingaholic: Not really. They are nice, but they havn't launched the studio line here. So I sometimes feel cheated, like they are selling us the sub-standard older product line.
@AOYV: You shd have! Did you try any Indian cosmetics on yr trip here?
@Poohkie: Well, I have been doing makeup for so long, that I kind of know what to pick once I have chosen my outfit. But I'll try and explain it further in a post :)
@Cynthia: Yea, had to make my money count :)
@Bhumika: I hope I answered yr question in today's post :)
wow i was so surprised me too wearing the same nail paint SAME PINHHHH joor se:)ReplyDelete
and revlon's cherries in the glow is my fav too :)
wow m happy :)
i have to see the other u mentioned though:)
its a nice post sweetie to know the leaming phase let me think mine now:)