Lakme Gypsy Winter Collection 2010
In case you have been living under a rock and have missed this, Lakme has come up with a new Gypsy Winter 2010 Collection.
· Richly pigmented lip color that feels like a drape of luxurious satin
· Sunscreen, vitamins and olive extracts leave you with the softest, smoothest lips ever
· Indulge in chilli reds, terra cottas, exotic sangrias and earthy rusts
· Available in 10 shades
· Price: Rs. 225/-
SHEER SATIN LIP GLOSS
· Drench your lips into a molten shine, with this smooth, feather-light gloss for hours of dazzling, mirror-like shine
· Infused with moisturizing vitamins so you can treat your lips to an ultra-comfortable, satin finish
· Available in 8 new shades
· Price: Rs.325/-
TRUE WEAR NAIL COLOR
· Inspired by bohemian, rustic gypsy trails this season, wear rich, deep colors with just a hint of shimmer
· Available in 8 shades
· Price: Rs.90/-
· Versatile quartets of vivid, high intensity powders put together to color, shape and highlight your eyes in an explosion of radiant color
· Discover two new sparkling sets, Silk Route and Tanjore Rush, that’ll fire your creativity
· Price: Rs. 425/-
BLACK SATIN KAJAL
· Jet black kajal for blackest black delivery in just one stroke
· Draw a sharp, intense line or smudge for a smoky finish. The easy-to-use pencil glides on super soft and smooth, with a glossy finish only satin can provide
· Create bold and beautiful eyes with this water-resistant formula that keeps color and shine in place without spreading
· Price: Rs.150/-
· A wardrobe of possibilities. Wear each color on its own or blend together for a perfect shade.
· The satiny texture melts over your lips
· Discover 2 universally flattering shades of terra cotta
· 5 shades in one palette
· Price: Rs.600/-
EARTH ROSE BLUSH TRIO- Limited Edition
· A palette of complementing earthy shades that are super easy to apply and perfectly buildable
· The silky smooth highly pigmented formula allows for effortless, uniform application blending in easily for a gorgeous glow
· The three shades complement each other, to create endless options for defining, highlighting and accentuating features
· Price: Rs.600/-
The blush looks very pretty, and I hope the lip palette is as good as it looks. The kajal too looks interesting
But I am also a little confused by the selection of products - essentially the very colorful eye quads. I find them too colorful to wear anywhere but to a wedding. There is just too much of purple, & I actually like purple, but this is too colorful for me. I would have loved it if they had also introduced a brown quad - with taupes, deep browns & greys to go with the entire earthy rustic look.
All over the world major makeup houses are gearing up to launch makeup that revives the 80s natural look that was first introduced and popularized by Ms. Bobbi Brown.
First we had Burberry launch with its natural look products, MAC too is gearing up with its Tartan A Tale collection which too comprises of soft browns and greys. Maybe Lakme too could have added a neutral brown / grey quad in this collection, I would have really liked to try that out.
So what do you think?
I think the earth trio is a surefire winner...as is the lip pallette- not sure about eyeshadows..i dont get the concept of putting in blue/indigo, green, and beige all in the same quad..ReplyDelete
I agree. I think the lip palette looks awesome and they should have come up with an earthy quad to go with that.ReplyDelete
The collection looks good, but as usual it is overpriced!
I am already loving the blush and now that u've mentioned it is LE I def want to get it...just hoping the pigmentation is goo..ReplyDelete
the blush looks interesting, but the things sure are overpriced, and guess what? hav been living under a rock- had absolutely no idea about this line!!!ReplyDelete
ya der shd hav been a brown eye shadow quad...bt m lookin forward to d kajal..hope its smudge proof n long stayin..ReplyDelete
i got the sheer satin gloss today in shade 23. i loved the packaging so got it. i like the mirror at the top but don't know how it's supposed to be used because it's on the back of the applicator!ReplyDelete
love ur blog! hope u"l check out mine too :)ReplyDelete
@rima:hehe...weird lakme !!ReplyDelete
do tell us how d gloss was...
Hahahaha...@Rima's comment! :D. OMG yeah now that she said that it is on the back of the applicator! wth?!ReplyDelete
T I agree with u about the eyeshadow quads...too jhatak lol!
The blush looks so pretty in the pic
@Mehak: It does look interesting. I hope it is of equally good quality. I agree with you on the eyeshadows. The entire point of putting colors in a quad is that they should complement each other in some way. Here they just seem like an assembly of shades.ReplyDelete
@Poohkie: Yup. The collection is overpriced, I want the blush but will think twice before shelling 600 bucks.
@HD: Yup, the blush & lip palette are LE. Do let me know if you like the blush. Will wait for your review.
@Simran: LOL, yup everything is again expensive.
@Bhumika: Same here. The Kajal sounds interesting
@Rima: LOL… typical of Lakme.. How’s the gloss otherwise?
@Priyam: Thks :) I’ll def check your blog
@CZ: I know, even I am quite liking the blush. But the eyeshadows are too jazzy.
i quite like the gloss. it smells exactly like the starshine lipgloss but has a mildly sweet flavour as well. i think this is the first flavoured lakme gloss apart from those fruit glosses that came in tubes. the gloss is decently pigmented and very lightweight. not at all sticky. love the shimmer, it's not gritty at all. my lips do not peel or flake after removing the gloss. thumbs up from my side!ReplyDelete
wow..everything jus looks awesome..wil love to try out the kajal and the blush trio n also the lipies..ReplyDelete