Lakme Black Satin Kajal (Gypsy Collection) - Review
What it claims: Jet black kajal for the blackest black delivery in just one stroke. Draw a sharp, intense line or smudge for a smoky finish. The easy-to-use pencil glides on super soft and smooth, with a glossy finish only satin can provide! Create bold and beautiful eyes with this water resistant formula that keeps color and shine in place without spreading.
Available in Black
Price: Rs. 150 /-
1. The color is a deep jet glossy black, this is not a matt black shade and it goes on intense glossy black, no sheer black liner strokes.
2. This is the first Kajal pencil I have used and I was expecting it to smudge a lot, but surprisingly it doesn’t smudge too much. You just need to apply it on your waterline and then don’t blink or touch it for 5 minutes. It tends to bleed a little bit during this period, which can be wiped. After these 5 minutes, the Kajal stays put for a good 4 to 5 hours. It tends to fade minimally after this.
3. Didn’t irritate my eyes and it does apply very easily without tugging.
4. The packaging is nice, the pencil looks sleek and pretty, and it also comes off easily with makeup remover without creating too much of a mess
1. I can use this comfortably only on the lower waterline, but some of the looks that I have got with the kit recommend using this on the upper lash line as well. When I tried that I found this was too thick and cumbersome. Maybe someone with more deft skills will be able to make this work. I couldn’t control the thick fat tip. So I can use this only on the waterline. Even then I do wish the pencil were less chubbier, that would really make it super easy for me to use it on my waterline as well.
2. I wonder why they claim that the glossy finish is thanks to Satin. I mean, satin is a kind of cloth material right. But then I am just curious, because there is no mention of any ingredients anywhere on the pencil. I didn't get an outer cover with this, so I am guessing there is no outer cover with ingredient listings.
My overall opinion: As you must have guessed by now, I love this Kajal. Admittedly it is my first, so I have no clue how this compares to other brands (the only other one I have tried is Biotique - twice - and I didn't like it. It smudged a lot, plus I didn't like the matt black color of that kajal).
It is a deep, dark glossy black as opposed to a matt black liner. It does not smudge on my waterline, except for the initial 1-2 minutes which it takes to set. I also do not rub or touch my eyes at all during the day, if you were to rub your eyes, then this, being a Kajal, does tend to smudge a bit. Also I don't have very watery eyes or sensitive eyes & I don't wear lenses.
This product was sent to me by the company for consideration; however that has not affected my review or opinion of this product in any way.
Great review T. I've yet to try this, but the design is so pretty, apart from the nail polish spills on mine :DReplyDelete
Thanks CZ! Glad u liked the review.. I saw the pics you had put up on FB, I think you shd write back to the PR.ReplyDelete
great review Tanveer, I have Revlon Kohl and I'm happy with this but this Gypsy collection kajal is looking nice..really worth to try.ThanksReplyDelete
Hi tanveer, Ididnt like the kajal whatsoever. anyways thanks for the fantastic review :)ReplyDelete
hmmm don't know if it would suit me I wear lenses but the price is great, thanks for the reviewReplyDelete
hearing lot of gud things abt this kajal.too bad all kajals accentuate my dark circles :(ReplyDelete
Have heard so many good things about this...im definitely going to try it out!ReplyDelete
@sharon- try the clinique quickliner- i have the same problem as you have and its the only thing that works like a dream
I am already longing to try this...just waiting for my current Lotus kajal to finish :)ReplyDelete
Great review Tanveer! This one sounds like a great product. I must try it :)ReplyDelete
I will definitely try this one.....thanks for the great review. I am currently using Mac Technakohl in Graphblack which is great for the upper lid but I am not too comfortable using it on my waterline.
i am buying it for sure :), thanks TanveerReplyDelete
@Rakhshanda: This is my first Kajal – kohl, & I quite liked it. I’ll check out Revlon Kohl as well :)ReplyDelete
@BeautyDiva: awww.. Too bad it failed to impress you, happens :).. Thks for the appreciation :D
@Shuchita: Yup, if you wear lenses you should proceed with caution. Glad u liked the review :)
@Sharon: Awww.. How about using a concealor before using Kajal?
@PnB: I hope you like it :).. Thks for helping out Sharon :D
@HD: So disciplined you are, waiting for the current one to finish before getting this. I hope you like it :)
@Appu: Thks :).. I quite like it, & I hope you enjoy it as much – Thks for the appreciation
@Harshleen: Hey! I hope you like it.. I have heard very good reviews for MAC Smoulder on the waterline – apparently it smudges like mad, but people like it so much that they use it despite that..
@Retnu: :) Thks Retnu
i want it. Too bad I can't have it :(ReplyDelete
I hv tried this kajal & its an avg kajal for me. What I like is thatReplyDelete
it gives a nice jet black & glossy finish. I dont like matte kajals.
it glides smoothly & comes off easily as well.
it stays for quite a long time& doesnt smudge too much.
by evening it does spread a little around my eye area or leaks.
So I dont like that part & next I m gonna buy Lakme Eyeconic one coz I like hassle free make up. God Knows when this pencil will finish, its a lot!