Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate Lipbalm - Review

What it claims: Enjoy the new fruity highlight of the Fruity Shine range: NIVEA Lip Care Fruity Shine Pomegranate! This fruity scent lip balm with fruit extracts and shimmering pigments replenishes moisture and leaves a touch of reddish color on your lips. This new formula combines rich almond oil, jojoba oil and shea butter to keep your lips as soft and fresh as they can be!

• Creates a head turning shine on your lips – pretty in pink!
• Moisturising your lips making them heavenly smooth
• Enjoy the fruity scent
Contains SPF 10, protection against UVA and UVB rays


Price: Rs. 129 for 4.8 gms tube


Ingredients: Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis Oil, Pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Candelilla Cera, Myristryl Myristate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cera Microcristalina, Isopropyl palmitate, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyglyceryl-3 Dilsostearate, Butyl Methyoxydibenzoylmethane, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Simmondsia, Chinensis Oil, Mangifera India Juice, Citrus Aurantifolia Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Bisabolol Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Mica, Aqua, Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone, BHT, Citric Acid, Trideceth-9, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium sorbate, Linalool, Limonene, Parfum, CI 15850, CI 77491, CI 778991, CI 45380, CI 77499


Pros:

1. Love, love the color - the balm itself is a deep burgundy-plum shade. It looks quite deep, but on the lips it is a very light reddish shade that looks very natural. Perfect considering the latest trend these days in lips - deep, autumn shades
2. This one, thankfully, smells really nice too (I hated the Dragon fruit smell) and has very fine shimmer.
3. As a lipbalm it works pretty well plus it has SPF 10 (not a lot actually, but something is better than nothing)

Cons:


1. Hmmm.. Nothing! I love Nivea lipbalms & love the fact that they come out with such great tinted lipbalms. I am missing the Cherry one though that they have discontinued. :-(


For swatches: go here


Will I repurchase: Yes. :-)

Comments

  1. Great review, but I wish you'd post the swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too bought it after reading ur review, Thanks Tanveer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @AOYV: Sure, I'll try & put up some swatches this weekend. I wld actually love to put swatches on all my posts, but a daily 14 hour workday leaves me with little time & I have to prioritise other commitments with the blog. As you must have guessed, the blog since it is a hobby get relegated to the back burner :P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog some 3 days ago and love it. Also like the way you review a product with all the essential details.
    I love nivea lip balms but whenever i want to buy one it is either out of stock or my choice of flavor isn't available. It will be of gr8 help if you do tell me from you buy them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have d dragon fruit...gt on ur recco..n quite like it..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pomegranate?!! I want! :D

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gonna get this. I love these balms. But they discontinued cherry? Noooooooooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh I know that you always like it...and now I really want to try it...hey Tanveer, i just saw your picture in your wedding post and love it...especially your eyes..you should try some eye makeup looks. It'll look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cherry discontinued, what the heck :(, is this as good as cherry....i loved strawberry also
    i have been using dragon fruit for long, and kind of compromised with the smell...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these lip balms! Can't believe they discounted the cherry one, it was my favourite! The Pomenagrate one sounds wonderful too though, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i literally love nivea lip balm n now m gonna get this for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know i want to try all Nivea flavor but my strawberry lip balm refuses to die down:(

    Tanz even if u don watch your product I always trust you and completely love your reviews..trust me for that..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this but mine doesn't say pomegranate :-(
    But the color is just lovely and sooo moisturising and glossy.I guess we share an addiction to these lipbalms(I <3 cherry 2)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have been waiting for this to be launched... :) hope i get it easily! had to wait 4 weeks for strawberry :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey tanveer i just love ur reviews...
    but tell me something in this review first u said it gives red tint but in then u said "pretty in pink"....so basically wat tint is it....

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Ishita: LOL, please read carefully. "pretty in pink" is in the "What it claims" section, meaning that the company Nivea claims on the prdt that it is pink..

    I feel it is more on the deeper red, almost berry side.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Jelly Beans: i hope you liked it :)

    @Amel: Thks a lot.. umm, I stay in Mumbai, here the lip balms are very easily available at almost all general stores, malls like hypercity & inorbit, beauty stores. It's all over the place. I hope you find them too :D

    @Bhumika; Glad u liked it :)

    @CZ: :D.. i hope u like it

    @Poohkie: Yup, they discontinued cherry.. :(

    @Rakshanda: hehheeh, I love niva lip balms :).. Hey, thks a lot babes :)

    @Retnu: The color is close, tho it is redder.. cherry was a very deep red.. Even I hate the smell of dragon fruit, luckily this one smells better :)

    @Gio: It was one of my favs too! Luckily I have a tube with me so it is ok.. This one's nice too, I think you'll like it :)

    @Butterfly: :D.. I hope u liked it :)

    @Anamika: hehhehe, I know what u mean. I love these so much I have them in all the flavours :P

    Thnks so much babes, you trust means a lot to me.. :D

    @Sharon: These are very addictive! :).. I love these too :D

    @Anks: awww, I hope you have managed to find these :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey thanx....
    i am confused between the strawberry flavor and this one.....
    can u plsss suggest which one is redder and more natural....
    thanx and sorry for the trouble;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Ishita: LOL.. How can it be more redder & natural too at the same time?? See, strawberry is lighter & therefore looks more natural. Pomegrante is a deeper red & goes almost berry - red on me.. now this is how they appear on me, I have really no clue how they wld look on you as I don't know yr skin color & all..

    Besides a lot of stores have testers so u cld check those out before purchasing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey thanx a lot tanveer...........
    hey i was wondering... I have heard that applying lipsticks can ruin the original shade of your lips....does that apply to tinted lipbalms as well...for they have color tooo.....and is it safe to keep changing lipbalms ....the way changing skin creams is not advisable at alll....

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ishita: I have been using lipsticks/glosses & lip balms for 2 yrs now. I have not experienced any such change in lip pigmention. & I keep trying different lotions & lip balms all the time - it has never affected me adversely.

    I cannot say if you will have a similar experience. Your skin may or may not be more sensitive. Please exercise your own discretion when making any changes to your makeup & skincare routine. Your skin is your responsibilty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts