Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo - Review
|The empty bottle poses :)|
Vita Oils Systems:
1. Revolutionary Non-greasy formula
2. Unique blend with natural coconut, almond and sunflower oils that are so fine they are rapidly absorbed to deeply nourish and replenish essential vitamins.
Ingredients: Refer Image
Price: Rs. 123 for 200 ml bottle
What I liked:
1. Ok, let's be realistic here. I really don't expect my shampoo to be full of oils that absorb and nourish rapidly. A conditioner, yes. A non-herbal shampoo at best should be mild enough to not strip your hair. While this claims to be a shampoo that has oil to prevent dryness, I actually liked for quite the opposite reason. I have very fine, straightened hair with an oily scalp. This means that I have to *literally* wash my hair everyday for it to look good, or else it looks limp and stuck to my scalp. The shampoo that I was using earlier was sulfate-free, so while that was gentle on my hair and made it very soft, it also made my hair kinda clump together a bit. When you have fine hair, you are looking for maximum volume. This shampoo delivered, it removes all the oil from my scalp and gives my hair the body it needs.
2. It is quite economical. It took me 3 months to finish off this 200 ml bottle & I tend to be a bit extravagant with my shampoo. It also smells nice & lathers pretty decently.
3. The bottle is pretty sturdy. I had carried this with me on my trip & it didn't leak at all.
What I didn't like:
1. It seems to be a bit too drying, I *have* to use a conditioner & smoothing serum with this shampoo to avoid dry as hay hair. So much for claiming this won't strip out your natural hair oil.
2. It seems to have given me a spot of dandruff because it dries out my scalp.
Overall: If you have dry hair, I don't think you are going to like this.
As for me, the bottle in the image up there is completely empty & I'm going to re-purchase this. Not because it is the perfect or the best shampoo I have ever used. But because it comes pretty close - it makes my hair look voluminous and quite lush. I make peace with the drying effects by using a lot more of my spray leave-in conditioner from schwarzkopf.
Product was sent for consideration by Company / PR
Nice review Tanveer! :) I am about to buy this too! :)ReplyDelete
:).. I hope you like it :)Delete
Hi Tanveer. Happy 2012! I bought a small bottle and I also used it generously as i have long hair. But i didn't find any difference. Frizzy hair anyway:(ReplyDelete
Yea, even I felt it is not really moisturizing so to say :)Delete
Dove doesn't agree with my hair. but this time, it sounds interesting. I don;t mind my shampoo being a bit dry. I can manage it with a conditioner. but dandruff? :SReplyDelete
Nive, try and see... I think the dandruff bit is because the shampoo is a lil too drying for me, maybe it won't be so for you :)Delete
Hey Tanz!! Just noticed, you have hot exactly 500 followers!! Congrats girl!!ReplyDelete
It was 500 for exactly a day.. some mean spirited follower must have read it & unfollowed me - so am back to 499 now :DDelete
I didnt have good experience with the Dove hairfall range :( This one wont suit me too I guess-coz of the drying effect- :( :( Thanks for the review Tanveer!!!ReplyDelete
Even I didn't like the hairfall range tbh :DDelete
I don't know but I didn't find it drying for my hair even though I have dry hair...in fact I am using patanjali shampoo along with this and probably the results are relative but the patanjali one makes my hair and scalp literally yearn for some oil...but, as you said it does come close to the best shampoo I have ever used which is pretty economical too!!! and, it does last quite long.ReplyDelete
Ohh! Good for you then :D.. Even I have purchased this, am on my 2nd bottle - so it must be doing something right for me too :DDelete
but luckily I do not have staight hair so I only use sulphate-free shampoos...presently I am using TBS rainforest moisture...which one do you use?? i would love to try something new in sulphate-free
I use the Color-Save range from schwarzkopf range :DDelete
I so wanted to try this for dry hair..but i wont even touch it now. quite a disappointment to hear it makes hair more dry. I have so much volume in my hair..it just refuses to settle after a wash..great reviewReplyDelete
It did seem to work like a voluminousness shampoo for me so I guess if you don't want that then this is not for you :)Delete
I too was thinking of trying this shampoo...but I use leave in conditioner so I dnt think this wld be good fr my hair..ReplyDelete
Thanks for the really great review:))
I dn't think you'll like this :)Delete
my hair are dry so not for meReplyDelete
Yea, I guess you cld skip this one :)Delete
I have used this one and found it okiesh..nothing too gr8 or too good about it :)ReplyDelete
It doesn't moisturise my hair like it claims!! In fact I use it for opposite effect - to remove oil from my oily scalp ;DDelete
Neat review - short and concise. Do you have any suggestions for shampoo for people with dry hair?ReplyDelete
Thanks Neville.. for dry hair, try Loreal Force Vector or something else from their professional range :DDelete
I love this shampoo! its abs. amazing and this review is also good! i'm just starting out a new blog myself! lol. you are def. gonna be an inspiration!ReplyDelete
Thanks Jessa :D.. All the best for your blog :D :DDelete
Hi Tanveer.. does this shampoo maintained ur straightened hair structure.ReplyDelete
I love this elixir and its corresponding conditioner! Dove is one amazing brand. It works as well as claims. Kudos to Dove! Oh, amazing blog you've got there. Reviews are fab!ReplyDelete