MAC Lustering Lipstick - Review
Finish: Luster (L) Demi-sheer with wet-look lustre finish. Very slick. Makes lips look soft, smooth, ultra-moist.
Price: Rs. 990/- for 3 gms
What makes it easy to wear:
1. The color! Such a gorgeous pretty bright pink. You remember those raspberry dollies we used to have as a kid? The color reminds me of that. It is slightly blue based and a bit on the cooler side. Basically a toned down fuchsia pink that can be worn everyday without looking OTT. I got this on Zara's recommendation after a twitter chat that I had with her. I was confused between this & an Inglot lip pencil.
2. The finish is really pretty. It sets to a sheer & moist look that looks very, very luscious. No shimmer in this lipstick. This finish is also very good if you have dry lips - as it is quite moisturising and it won't settle into lines or migrate all over the face. Since this has a glossy finish, it is also good for girls with thin lips as it helps them look plumper.
3. The lipstick can be used sheerly (1 layer) for those faint at heart & trying out bright pinks for the first time, as well as layered on.
4. Used with MAC Prep + Prime Lip, it stays on a good 4-5 hours.
|MAC Lustering in Sunlight|
5. The rest is common to all MAC lippies - it smells nice (of vanilla), the cap shuts snugly
What makes it difficult to wear:
|MAC Lustering in Shade / Flash|
1. I'm not able to wear this lipstick all by itself on a bare face (unlike Retro or even Hot Tahiti - which I can swipe on a bare face). This lipstick needs a bit of blush & eyeliner or mascara to make it look good.
2. Since the finish is a bit on the sheerer side - it has its own pros & cons. Pro is that since it is sheer it kinds works with your lip color (if it is naturally rosy or pink) to make it look even better & natural. But I think that if someone has brown toned lips the color could look a bit unnatural if applied sheerly.
Recommended: You will love this if
- you have dry lips or thin lips
- you love fuchsia pink shades, but are timid at heart to try the intensely pigmented ones
- you are looking for a fuchsia pink that is neutral enough to wear to office
- you want a cool toned pink that is cool enough to match your skin tone, but not so cool that it looks like that hideous milky pink that p*rn stars wear
Have you tried this lipstick or any other Luster shade?
Which is your favorite fuchsia pink lipstick?
I am a pink person when it comes to lipsticks.. I am tempted to buy this one. How much did u get it for?ReplyDelete
Rs. 990/-... All MAC lipsticks cost the same in India at their stores :)Delete
beautiful shade <3 <3ReplyDelete
It is!! :)Delete
This luks gorgeous on fairer girls like Zara...tried this at store..its luks a tad neonish on meReplyDelete
Ha Ha! Yes, it might be a bit neon on warmer skin tones, as this is cool toned. It wld probably clash.Delete
I will consider this the next time i visit a MAC store, it is really pretty!ReplyDelete
It is! And a rather overlooked shade among the more popular brown lippies in India. Try it and see.Delete
thats a nice color. Will keep in mind for next time. Could be used for some nice shoots of foreign models though!ReplyDelete
Glad you liked it Neeraj!Delete
love the shadeReplyDelete
one of the besttt pinks from MAC :D :D hot pinks i mean ... :D :D you have lovely collection from each color family Tanz .. I really appreciate your research :D :DReplyDelete
i picked hot tahiti last week .. my MUA friend lovedd the color on me .. :D thank you for the recco dear
Thanks a lot Rashmi! I'm glad you liked it too & like my collection as well. There is more to come. I have been finally taken in by MAC lipsticks & I totally understand why you love them so much! They are just awesome!Delete
I had to do research tbh, because most of the recommendations I was getting were pink-browns or peaches or corals which honestly look amazing & awesome on warm Indian skintone, but on me they just look so sad!! I can't carry them at all. So I turned to US & Europe based bloggers for reccos :D
I'm so glad you liked Hot Tahiti!! It is such a fav of mines, I make everyone I know try it on. It is such a delightful wash of raspberry shade! I'm excited now and looking forward to seeing you wear it in a FOTD :D
Btw I had gone to get Diva yesterday, but ended up getting Velvet Teddy instead. I'm getting Diva next week :D
you are so true Tanz ... :D i know your coloring is little cool and you are very fair so it makes sense to see and read foreign blogs :D ... makes purchase lot more easier ... am gonna post hot tahiti soon ... when i tried it , i had magenta lip liner and when i wiped it there was still the hint of pink so it was coming out more juicy raspberry shade and my friend loved it instantly ... and tell you the truth am actually waiting for a lip combo post .. spot one lip liner to go with itDelete
i am looking for your take on V.T. .. god how crazy we are na ?? its not bad at all :D
I have a few fav reviewers on Makeupalley, and I have figured with time that their skin tone is exactly like mines. So if they like something, it is almost a no-brainer for me. I know it'll look equally good on me.Delete
I have never worn Hot Tahiti with a lip liner, so I'm looking forward to your combo :)
VT is probably the closest I'll get to a nude lip. I'm wearing it today with brown kohl rimmed eyes. :D... It's a nice change for me from my regular lippies :)
seriouslyyyy i use to ( still i do ) read MUA for hrss ahhaha :D :D earlier use to write reviews as well .. it is sooo very helpful :D ...Delete
you know Tanz .. what i noticed is - cremesheen , glaze , lustre works really well with lip liners as long as they dont alter the color of lipstick too much .. its recent discovery but am so much loving it with considerable change in staying power ... :D :D
I can imagine how well the color is looking on you ...
Its a nice shae and I soo wish sometimes I cud carry a shade like this..but alas I cant :(ReplyDelete
It is a very sheer lipstick Kejal, so you may be able to carry it off. Try it at the store :)Delete
I loved this one Tanveer. :D Especially the bullet shade is so so pretty :P Will definitely try this out on my nect visit to the store. ;)ReplyDelete
I have a feeling that this will look very good on you. I hope you like it :)Delete
Lovely color but will it suit darker skin tones?ReplyDelete
Can't say.. It might. Lots of dusky girls look awesome in hot pinks :)Delete
stumbled upon your blog just now, and I'm loving your style of writing. this lipstick, as you said, would not be a great choice for those with pigmented lips... looks fab in the bullet though:)ReplyDelete
Thanks so much fr the mention tanz :) m glad u like it so much n I kno it must b lukin superb on u!ReplyDelete
now u are tempting me with MAC lipsticks..this is such a beautiful shade..it might work for me i guess..will have to try in the store!ReplyDelete
I actually made a list of all Mac lippie shades that I'd like to buy as my first Mac lippie (before u gifted me Hot Tahiti- thanks!!!)..this was one that made my cut too..it seems like a fun shade! :)ReplyDelete