Lip and Cheek Tints - Some Reccomendations
A while ago, some of you requested for recommendations for lip tints. Below are some that I know of.
1. The Body Shop Cheek and Lip Tint: available in two colors – a plain matt pinkish red and a shimmery golden bronze, this is my pick of the pack. Retailing at 700/- for a tube, it is a little exorbitant but worth every penny and I think the best product you could buy from TBS (yea, I would rate this even higher than their Body Butter). I have the plain matt pink, it never feels dry, and gives a super pretty color. Read review here.
2. Bourjois Rouge Hi-Tech Lip Tint: Has 4 shades – Rose Pixel (red), Cyber Cassis (vivid pink), Neo Caramel (light brown), Digitale Praline (very dark brown). They are little quick dying, and also feel a little dry on the lips but I love the color selection. I have the Rose Pixel. This costs 500/-. (on a side note the packaging is very very cute - see image)
3. Lakme Cheek and Lip Tint: This tint looks better on the cheeks than the lips. While this is the most economical of the lot, it is also the most difficult to apply. Sells for 240/- (or maybe used to, with Lakme increasing its rates faster than you can breath, it could be that this is more expensive now). Read review here.
1. Tints are to your face what a Bikini is to the body – it will showcase and make you look fab, but if you have imperfections, it will also highlight those – including bad application technique. So practice using these at home. It will pay off.
2. Never apply tints to dry lips. The color will be patchy and will emphasize line. Lips need to be in top shape for this. Exfoliate lips well a night before and apply a thick layer of balm.
3. Tints can be dry to feel by themselves. Be prepared for that sensation. Do not apply lip balm on top, it will dissolve the tint.
4. They can be used as an under base for lipstick, so when it wears off, you still have color on your lips
5. Tints take a few seconds to dry and develop their color. So be patient or else you will end up with too much color. Apply a thin layer. Wait. If you need more color then layer over, tints are buildable.
6. For the cheeks: again work with a well exfoliated cheek, work fast, take a dab of the tint on your index finger and blend – furious and fast. Tints stain very quickly. You don’t want to have color in spots.
7. Always use tints on the cheeks before the foundation – powder or liquid – and after moisturiser. It will look more natural.
8. Avoid tints on the cheeks if you have a lot of acne or spots. The color tends to settle into open pores and dark spots making your make up splotchy and the imperfection more obvious.
I also bought the lips and cheek tint in shimmery golden bronze and it's quite nice. In fact, I like it more on my cheeks than on lips.ReplyDelete
Cheek tint before liquid foundation? Wouldn't it disappear with all the blending and stuff? I guess I will give it a try.
@ Rati: TBS was sold out on all tints. I was planning to get the bronze one, maybe next time. :)ReplyDelete
Tints tend to be very intensely colored, adhere to the skin instantly, and the color takes a few minutes to develop. I have tried it both before foundation and after foundation and found that it looks more natural on me if applied before. - I am talking about red/pink colored tints here, and no they don't disappear so easily. They are very long lasting. Even on the lips.
The application of foundation afterward helps soften the edges and blend it a little bit more.
But experiment and find wht suits you best, it need not be the same as me :D.
i saw ur comment on another blog
Tanveer Parmar said...
So cool, we don't get this but we get a chinese version here for 20 rs. It is a white stick and when applied the same shade of pink as you have swatched. I used to use it a lot as a teenager, a lil less now as I can't really carry off the pink..
Btw, you know this makes an excellent cheek stain as well. :D
February 8, 2010 12:33 PM
i was wondering if you can tell me more about this/send me a picture and where you can buy them because my aunties in india right now and i think i used to have that type when i bought it from dubai and i really liked it but couldn't find it anywhere in england
@simple elegance: have written a reply on yr blog :DReplyDelete
I tried the bourjois one soon after launch, but it dried up very quick and was powdery! I knew it was not for me, but still I like the packaging! i might surrender one day :)ReplyDelete
yes i think we are talking about the same...how much is it?ReplyDelete
@ Divs: Really! Powdery? Tht is something new. But then all of us react differently to all things. :DReplyDelete
@SE: Cool!! It costs Rs. 20/-.ReplyDelete
Nice post..shows a lot of expertise!!hahahahhaaReplyDelete
@ Simran: Thks :DReplyDelete
Tanveer, I bought the Bourjois lip and cheek tint. It is beautiful. It is priced at Rs 445, much cheaper than TBS.I bought a hot pink colour. he he You have 5-6 shades to choose from and the packaging is uber cute. Give it a try after you finish up your TBS one. :)ReplyDelete
@Rati: I have 2 of these Bourjois Lip tints - one in Rose Pixel and the other in a more redder shade. Forgot it's name. I like that they are cheaper like you mentioned and also they have a ton of shades. Only they are more drying than TBS.ReplyDelete
where can i buy a jar of red powder used for dye on lips or cheeksReplyDelete