Biotique Morning Nectar Moisturising Lotion
Let me introduce you to my all time fav. moisturiser: Biotique Morning Nectar.
The company claims on the bottle that "This is a light lotion enriched with Honey, Wheatgerm and Seaweed. This lotion is easily absorbed, replacing the natural oils and moisture the skin loses every day". Frankly I went through the ingredient list and could not locate seaweed.
It's content list (as on product) is: (within parenthesis is the benefit/role of the component that i could find online)
- 2% Beheda (has antimicrobial activity against bacteria and virus)
- 1.5% Honey (antimicrobial, moisturising)
- 3% Wheatgerm Oil (high in Vit E & A)
- 3% Kusumbhi Oil (Safflowers are the richest source of linoleic acid, they contain proteins, minerals, vitamins. Good for all skin types, highly moisturizing and soothing to the skin. A highly moisturizing oil with an exceptionally high amount of Oleic acids. Deeply soothing and one of the first choices for skin care blends or recipes requiring moisturizing benefits.)
- 1% methi beej (soothing effect on inflammed skin)
- 0.5% Vach Kwath (skin diseases and eruptions)
Image via Wikipedia
- Q S Lotion Base (nothing is mentioned about this mysterious lotion that is used as base. i wonder what does it contain)
- It is absorbed instantly into the skin, is light, and feels very cool against the skin.
- It worked almost overnight to reverse the intense dryness and parched, papery skin that i had experienced after using Nivea cream.
- No more than 3 drops required for complete face and neck coverage.
- On the whole the product seems like a good natural formulation with active ingredients added in quantities greater than 1%
- It doesn't smell very nice.
- Is a little costly at 180 Rs. for 120 ml (168 at Alfa) - but i think it is worth it.
- Loses its efficacy very quickly once it is opened, therefore i advice that buy only the smaller bottles.
- No mention is made of the mysterious QS Lotion Base which comprises 89% of the lotion
- Some natural ingredients are added in quantities lesser than 1% - which is too less for them to have any beneficial effect as per my understanding.
- Natural and listed ingredients account for only 11% of the lotion.
Despite all the above mentioned Cons, this remains my all time fav moisturiser that i come back to again & again. It is light, does not cause pimples or side-effects and also eases any inflammation that i have. Skin is softer and smoother to touch.
does it work well for an oily skinReplyDelete
Hey Anon: I think it shd. It is very light & non-oily. But some ppl I know have broken out because of it.. so just do a patch test first.ReplyDelete
Tanveer: Have you tried the one with SPF 30? I ordered the regular one online but inside the box was one with SPF 30. My skin doesn't really like lotions with SPF, and I don't really need the SPF for the winter. I was wondering whether I should return it.ReplyDelete
@Anon: No I haven't tried the one with SPF 30. Maybe they have upgraded the formula. I guess you could write back to Biotique or the vendor you ordered it from, and if you have not used it, they might take it back.ReplyDelete