Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Biotique Henna Powder for Hair


This is not my personal review. I have never used Biotique Henna Leaf Conditioning Powder. But my very close friend who has some white hair that need coverage has, and this is her opinion: It Rocks!

She has used a variety of henna powders/hair colors and says that nothing she has used so far has been this gentle on her hair, & the color imparted is lovely and very natural (a very healthy looking natural dark brown and not the weird red/maroon color that most henna products give), with no chemical side-effects like hair fall, dry hair or dandruff.

Ingredients of Henna Leaf

1. Lawsonia Inermis (henna/mehandi) powder - 63% Colors white hair, coats to protect hair & conditions it.
2. Melia Azadirachta powder (neem) - 5% Anti-microbial & strenthens keratin (hair protein)
3. Gmelina Arborea powder (Gambhari) - 6% Promotes hair growth
Instant coffee.Image via Wikipedia

4. Terminilia Arjuna powder (arjun chhal) - 8% strenthens hair
5. Mangifera Indica (Mango seed powder) - 8% improves elasticity in hair
6. Arabica Gum - 5%


Since my friend uses it primarily to color her white hair she mixes two heaped spoons of this powder with half a spoon instant coffee to make a paste with water. Apply this to hair and scalp and leave for 2 hours.

Wash off with gentle shampoo.

Have you tried this product? or used henna to color your hair? what was your experience?

4 comments:

  1. even lush has a henna product to color hair..could you please post a review about the same. im only 23 and i sooo dont want to start using permanent hair color to cover my greys. Need ur help to make a choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dina: thks for yr comment! Like i mentioned in the post, I didn't use this prdt. My Friend did. I don't have white hair (yet!) and frankly henna doesn't suit me one bit.. Sorry but will not be able to help you here, if u have white hair at 23, u shd visit a trichologist (hair doctor).. They shd be able to guide you correctly, if u let them know that u want to use natural coloring options. I hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used Lush Henna caca rouge in my 5% greying hair and it gave it a great coverage. Henna is a great product I never used Biotique Henna Leaf but I wan to try i was actually looking for reviews. Just be careful make sure you buy 100% Lawsonia Inermis (henna). Any other additives could contain metal and turn your hair into mush. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Lush Henna caca rouge in my 5% greying hair and it gave it a great coverage. Henna is a great product I never used Biotique Henna Leaf but I want to try, i was actually looking for reviews. Just make sure you buy 100% Lawsonia Inermis (henna). Any other additives could contain metal and turn your hair into mush. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails