Time taken: 1 hour
1. Tie-up hair in bun. No stray flicks on face.
2. Use a gentle face wash/soap and clean face & neck. Do not pat dry.
3. While wet, apply a mild cleanser (Garnier Cleansing Milk/Lakme deep pore cleansing lotion) all over face & neck. Rub well. When it begins to dry, spray some warm water and gently rub again for 3-4 minutes. Concentrate on areas with acne/blackheads etc.
4. Wash face with warm water. Do not pat dry.
Image via Wikipedia
5. Apply an exfoliating cream/gel (Biotique Papaya Scrub) and with gentle strokes rub all over face & neck avoiding area around the eyes. When it begins to dry up, spray some rose water/plain water and rub again. Exfoliate for not more than 5 minutes. Also exfoliate lips gently for 30 seconds.
6. Wash face very well.
7. Steam face only using either an electronic steamer or some water boiling on the stove. (Caution!! Don’t use very hot steam, you will end up burning your skin) for 2-3 minutes. Please take care and stop instantly if it feels uncomfortable.
8. Very quickly rub in a spoonful of warm cleansing oil mixture (castor oil + olive/almond/sunflower/jojoba oil in 1:1 ratio) on to the face& neck. Massage the oil very gently all over face. Concentrate on areas such as nose, forehead, chin to remove stubborn blackheads. Also rub a dropful on lips. Rub for 10 minutes.
9. Dip cotton in water as hot as you can tolerate and wipe face & neck. Dip oil laden cotton in hot water and squeeze to remove oil & water. Wipe again. Continue till you have removed most of the oil.
10. Wash face & neck with warm water and gentle soap. Do not pat dry.
Image via Wikipedia
11. Apply face pack (make your own by combining ingredients or buy one – Biotique Fruit face pack has good reviews) all over face & neck. Dip cotton pads in rosewater and place on eyes. Apply a thick layer of lip balm or petroleum jelly over lips. Relax for 20-30 minutes till face pack has dried.
12. Wash face & neck with cool water. Rub lips with soap fingers gently to remove excess balm.
13. While still wet rub in a light moisturizing lotion to seal in moisture. Rub till completely absorbed.