Lakme Glide On Eye Color - Review
This is basically a pencil eyeliner, that can also be rubbed all over the eyelid as shadow. The company site says that these are "Crushed gemstones sprinkled with the brilliance of precious metals.For eyes that reflect the stars".
1. Very long lasting: These eyeliners are smudge & water resistant. I apply some in the morning at 7 and 12 hours later they are still there. Even on the water-line. I like such long last non-smudge make up that does not need touch ups in office.
2. Very soft & smooth application: these are very soft and don't rub or pull the skin during application
3. Awesome colors: This range has some really awesome colors that I have become addicted to: Glimmering Plum (deep purple - eggplant like), Baked Bronze & Henna Gold (a mix of henna green & gold) are my favorites! I tend to mix & match colors to achieve new looks.
1. Not self-sharpening or retractable: I would really like to see these in retractable packaging. You need to buy a special sharpner for Rs. 30/-. These are tough pencils that can't be sharpned on regular sharpners (when I bought the liners, the lady at the counter never mentioned this to me. I ended up spoiling some of my liner, before I visited another counter at Westside, where the sales agent showed me the sharpner to my query)
2. It is a little expensive at 250 Rs. for a peice
3. I didn't like some colors like Bridal Pink. It makes you look like you've been crying or got conjunctivitis. Metallic Black too failed to impress me. Not enough glitter.
4. It tends to not adhere very well & fade when applied over eyeshadow that is not smudge resistant(both cream & powder). To make it last long, you need to apply this to bare, clean skin (no cream also), and follow up with the shadow on top taking care not to cover the eyeliner, or else use Lakme 9 to 5 Satin Glide Eyeshadow.
5. All colors have the same black packaging & color names are not mentioned on the pencil. If you have more than one of these, it is task early morning looking for a particular shade
Price: Rs. 250 /- each
Will I buy again: Yes! I will. I just love these eyeliners. I am a big fan of colored, shimmery eyeliners and Lakme delivers very good colors with quality.
You can check out all the colors at http://www.lakmeindia.com/shades/prod_glidecolor.asp. I have not bought the green & blue colored ones as they don't work with my skin & eye color, but from what I hear the Smokey Green color is very popular amongst those with brown eyes.