Fed up with experimenting for the perfect Mascara between Streetwear & Lotus Herbals, I headed over to the Experts - Maybelline.
Personally I prefer Lengthening Mascaras over Volumising Mascaras. So I bought Maybelline's Define A Lash lenghtening water proof mascara
1. Zero - Clump: This mascara gets a very high score from me for being zero-clump. It does not get goopy or clumpy on the lashes at all thanks to an in-built cleaner in the tube that removes all excess from the bristles
2. Water-proof: with zero flaking. Goes from morning to evening, without any smudges.
3. Quick-Dry: The formula sets & dries fast. No more smudges due to blinking.
4. The formula claims to be Ophthalmologist tested & Contact lens safe
5. The wand is extremly bendy.(Be careful: don't poke yourself in the eye) This allows the wand to reach even the tinest of lashes inside the the eye. The bristles too range from long to short & catch all lashes to coat them very evenly.
6. As the name suggests, this mascara defines all lashes. A great day time office wear mascara, it looks so natural that people will not be able to figure out that you are wearing mascara.
7. Has won multiple awards (Allure, Best of Beauty, Editors' Choice Award 2007, Best Mascara for Day)
8. The formula is non-crusty. You will not have flakes & crusts of mascara on the lash. It coats every lash evenly. No more sticky lashes. The light weight formula also won't weigh down your lashes.
9. Packaging: a bright neon green tube that is easy to spot amongst all other make-up. Only problem is that the labeling is very bad and it peels off within a week. So you are left with a labeless/nameless green neon tube.
1. Does not really volumise or lengthen. As the name suggests, this mascara will just define each and every lash. That's it. Don't expect Va-Va-Vroom False Eyelash effect.
2. Not very lenthening or volumising enough for night wear or if you are going for a glam/diva look.
3. Multiple coats do little, and you will have to be really quick with this and layer this fast. If it dries in between coats, this mascara will goop up horribly. My advice is to apply two coats in quick succession. You don't need more.
4. Maybelline only retails the Very Black version in India, but from their site I gathered that they also have a Soft Black & a Brownish Black Version, I would certainly like to try the Brownish Black Version.
How to use: Sweep mascara from your outer lash to inner lash, sweeping brush slowly from root to tip. Do not let dry between coats
Price: Rs. 299/- for Black Mascara
Will I buy again: Yes! Yes! as a daily wear it & forget it mascara, it is fabulous. It delivers good value, looks natural but at the same time makes my eye lashes look longer, blacker & more defined. It does not clump, glue my lashes together or flake. Basically this is the most user friendly mascara I have used till date. As of right now, this is the mascara I wear daily. Even if i skip all make up, I make it a point to wear this. Bear in mind this is not your X times volume mascara. If you want that this will dissappoint you.