I chanced upon this moisturizer on my regular trip to Afla (Irla – Vile Parle (W)). I asked the attendant for cold cream. He showed me this. I was tempted, 500ml for 100Rs. How bad could it be. I purchased it.
Royal Jelly Version.
Read on for what happened next.
What the company claimed:
Bioglow Deep Nourishing Moisturizing Cream with Royal Jelly Lavender Extracts:
Royal Jelly extract is considered an energy tonic and it's principle nutrient is Pantothenic acid also known as Vitamin B5. Bio-Glow Lavender extract is known to enhance skin texture and promote healing of damaged skin cells. Deep nourishing moisturizing cream is specially formulated to help relieve skin fatigue, increase skin strength and hence increase skin resistance to skin cells damage. Massage bioglow deep nourishing moisturizing cream generously to treat damaged or very hard and parched skin especially on the feet, heels, hands and elbows.
• Non-greasy / Instantly absorbed
• Neutral Ph
• Vitamin A , E & B5
• Ideal for all skin types
• Ideal as a base for makeup.
What Really Happened: This is the best oil-free moisturizer… ever.
1. Completely non-greasy, it actually just sinks into the skin in a matter of a minute, and leaves a completely non-greasy finish. It is very difficult to tell that you have applied anything on the face
2. Non-comodogenic: I have been using it for 2 weeks now and it has not broken me out at all.
3. Highly moisturizing: my skin is actually feels better to the touch
4. Very economical: a 500 ml jar costs only 100 Rs.
5. Not sure if it is really neutral (don’t have pH paper strips at home, used them all up doing silly experiments) but it never stings or burns when applied. Always very soothing.
6. The pack is sealed, so no contamination.
1. I just cannot find anything on this from the net. It seems to be a mysterious product. Other than that it has been imported from the UAE, I can’t find out anything else.
2. The smell of lavender is quite intense and can be a little overpowering.
3. I am not sure if it has a lot of Royal Jelly or Lavender extracts as they appear quite below on the ingredient list. The first 5 ingredients are all synthetic (water, glycerin, petrolatum)
Will I buy this again: Oh yea! I just loved this. It absorbs instantly. Is a perfect base to make-up. Imparts no oiliness. But keeps skin soft, and yea I love the bargain. A huge 500 ml jar for just 100 bucks. I bought a jar for my mom & my hubby and they both are converts now and recommending it to all. Now only if I could locate where this comes from and fix up a regular supply.
Other formulations: By the way this is also available in the following formulations
Bio Glow Cool Moisturizer with Cucumber & Avocado (I have, but I hate its smell. But this is lighter than the Lavender one in texture)
Bio Glow Brightening and Clarifying moisturizer with Papaya Extracts (I really like this one.. not sure if it brightens but it sure smells delicious)
Bioglow AEB5: (have this too, yea I went on a mad spree and stocked up in case of emergency.. tht is why I call myself a make-up & skin-care junkie)
Vitamins are essential to human skin in numerous ways. Vitamins are natural regulators. Bio-Glow Advanced Formula intensive moisturising cream is specially formulated with generous amounts of Vitamin E, A and B5 to help you restore natural skin balance, resist pre-mature skin ageing and formation of unsightly wrinkles, prevent keratinization of skin, protect skin from effects of daily pollution and effects of UV radiation, inhibit damage to lipid peroxides and melanin deposition and promote expulsion of free radicals.
Bioglow Tea Tree & Lemon Extracts: (Don’t have this… yet)
Tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial agent known for its antiseptic healing properties. Lemon extract is an invigorating citrus extract for uplifting the senses and toning the skin. Essential oils of Tea tree and lemon extracts are selected for this effective gel formulations designed to combat the effects of skin fatigue and loss of moisture that results in skin feeling and looking tired, lifeless and susceptible to damage by the effects of pollution, sun rays and modern lifestyle of over indulgence.
Bioglow Natural Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E & Aloe Vera: (Don’t have this either)
Cocoa butter nourishes the skin with its balmy properties, protecting it against roughness and dryness. Aloe Vera & Vitamin E provides UV protection, skin conditioning & moisturising. Enriched with the beneficial properties of natural Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E and Aloe Vera, Bio glow Moisturising & Nourishing Cocoa Butter is an intensive skin cream which moisturises, smoothes and protects. It provides relief from extra dry skin, it nourishes and protects the skin.
If any of you have tried this, please, please, pretty please do share some details. I am very curious.