Image via Wikipedia
I love make up. That I suppose is evident as I write a blog about it. But contrary to popular opinion(ahem, ahem) , I am not very proficient in it. I know, confessing this may put a dent in my image as a makeup blogger.
But in my defense I just started using make up like 2 – 3 years ago and I feel that there are a whole lot of people like me out there. Who might feel like coming out of the vanity case themselves after reading this post.
So in the tone of the season, I would like to confess:
- I am afraid of the eye-lash curler: I confess. I have used this medieval contraption only once. Frankly it terrifies me. I see the huge jaw like clamps headed towards my eye, threatening to do the unthinkable (which is rip out my lashes). I break into a cold sweat.
- I am not good at choosing the correct shades of lipsticks. This is all thanks to my pigmented red lips. The glosses and lip colors look oh-so-pretty in the tube and on the back of my hand. On my lips they either make me look ghostly or just too bright. Nudes look cadaverish on me,browns made me look matronly, bright reds – well, not so gentlewomanly. Am stuck to pinks and berries for sheer lack of anything else
- I also suck at choosing the right foundation shade. I don’t know if it is me, or the range that available but I have never been able to get a foundation in my skin shade. They either turn me ghostly white or orange. And since I have already wasted some money on buying shades that just don’t look good, I am now very scared tp buy any new ones least I waste money again. So I go through life with a sheer coverage of a tinted moisturizer. *Sigh*
- I sometimes go to sleep. With my make up on. Ok I know. Cardinal sin of blocked pores. But it happens at times, rarely though. But it does.
- I don’t know anything about primers. I have heard about them. But am clueless about which brand retails it here. To top it all I have now heard of things like lip and eye shadow primers. Can someone tell me where I can get these?
- I don’t use loose/translucent powder. Never have. Have no idea what this thing is or what I am supposed to do with it. Even after reading a hundred blogs. Simply coz I am afraid it will dry out my skin.
Ok. So there it is. I have confessed. The world is lighter and feels better.
And now on to you dear readers, Can you help me out with my make up problems? Looking forward to your suggestions!