What it claims: Its unique advanced moisturising formula penetrates deep into the skin and helps heal dry skin from inside. it replenishes moisturise and forms a moisture sheild on your skin, whch leaves you with nourished, soft, amooth & healthy skin.
Enriched with natural goodness of pure malai, badam, rosewater and saffron. It is pH balanced and dermatologically approved.
Directions: Apply it all over the body, morning and night. A preventive curative and healing ayurvedic lotion for dry skin diseases, minor cuts and wounds, chapped skin and cold sores.
Ingredients: Each 100ml contains extracts of
Chandan (sandalwood) 1g,
Nimba (lemon) 1g,
Ghritkumari (Aloe Vera)1g,
Tulasi (Basil) 0.4g,
Haridra (Turmeric) 0.3g,
1. For a change, here is a product that actually does what it claims. Before this I was using Vaseline Healthy white lotion, but that did not really seem to do much good to my winter dry skin.
2. This is a white lotion that takes a few seconds and some rubbing to asborb. It seems a little oily when first applied but it absorbs quickly to leave behind a smooth silky feeling
3. The moisture sheild claim is true! I have very dry skin, and this product is so nourishing that unlike other lotions which I would have to apply once a day, I cab get by this by using it once every 3 days. Skin stays soft and nourished.
4. The sandalwoody smell of the lotion is just divine. But it is a strong sandalwood, there is no getting away from that. I really like it though.
5. Price: a 300ml bottle costs just Rs. 95/-
1. Not easily available everywhere. This came as a shock to me, as I never thought I would reach a day when it would become easier to lay your hands on a St. Ives or Jergens lotion that an Indian home grown brand like Boroplus. No shops seem to stock it, half the people have not heard of it (despite Kareena Kapoor) being its brand ambassador and all. I found this after a lot of hunting at Big Bazaar.
(Btw, I liberally applied this on my legs in Goa, before a beach bumming session and got the most beautiful light goldenish tan - Though I am unsure what role this had to play it. My arms which were devoid of this got toasted to a biscuit brown)
This was recommended to me by a friend, who tried this on a lark (she bought the smaller 100 ml bottle for 45 Rs.). Her bottle is over now and she is just unable to locate it anywhere. I too could lay hands on just one bottle at a Big Bazaar store - where it wasn't even displayed on the shelf btw. It was hidden behind bottles of Vaseline Body Lotion.
It is really sad that a home grown brand is being over-shadowed (quite literally) like this, just because they have got their entire positioning worng. I felt the biggest mistake Himani made was to associate itself with Madhuri Dixit about 6-8 years ago. Pardon the brutal frankness, but she was done with her bollywood career, by then. By associating with her, they thought they would get mass acceptance, instead all they got was a huge dose of her jadedness.
And now their campaign with Kareena too is quite lackluster. They must be paying her a lot, but have failed to build their brand through her. Besides they also need to work on their supply chain, even kirana stores in my area have not heard of this.