The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Butter - Review
The Body Shop difference: In Japan, cherry blossoms, or “sakura”, symbolize the transience of life because of their brief blooming period. “Hanami” is the Japanese traditional custom of enjoying the beauty of the cherry blossoms. From late March to early May, sakura bloom all over Japan. The blossom forecast is announced each year by the weather bureau and watched carefully by those planning Hanami as the blossoms only last a week. In modern Japan, Hanami is celebrated with cherry blossom viewing parties underneath the trees. Now, you can enjoy the delicate fragrance of sakura all year long with our Japanese Cherry Blossom range.
Best for: normal skin
How it works:
- Japanese cherry blossom extract is traditionally renowned for its soothing properties
- Community Trade organic soy oil is rich in essential fatty acids that repair skin’s natural barrier, restoring smoothness and suppleness. Has moisturizing and healing properties that make it ideal for intensive skin care treatments. It's also a source of income for organic farmers in Brazil.
- Community Trade organic olive oil from Italy effectively smooths and softens skin.
- Glycerin: Is an effective moisturizer which helps improve softness and maximize hydration.
Ingredients: Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Hexyl Cinnamal, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Prunus Serrulata Flower Extract, Geraniol, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 4.
Scoop out with your fingers and massage into your skin, as often as desired
Price: Rs. 875 for a 200ml tub
1. Has a lovely, light, floral, lingering smell that I think is the best part about this product. I just love, love, love the smell and can't get enough of it.
2. The texture is light and absorbs instantly
3. You need very little of the product so the tub I feel will last a long time.
4. Btw this smells quite nice if mixed with a hint of vanilla. On a hunch I blended some Vanilla essential oil with a small portion of this and it smelt even better. I think I’ll do that for the entire lot just to customize the scent.
1. Is not very moisturizing. Just like it promises the effect lasts exactly 24 hours. I need to apply it every day, if I miss a day my skin goes back to being dry. Maybe I should have picked up a butter meant for dry skin.
2. The packaging. I hate the tub format. I think they should sell it in a pump bottle. If St Ives can sell their thick lotions in one, TBS should also be able to do so. It is very unhygienic to sit with all the cream exposed to the air. I keep worrying that the fragrance might dissipate.
3. The price. It is very expensive.
4. It has Parabens as preservatives - this is for those trying to avoid this chemical.
Will I buy this again: No. Not the Body Butter. But the Body Mist I will get.
This is a limited edition product, but it has become very popular so maybe they make this a permanent addition. I didn’t like the moisturization it provided. My skin doesn’t feel very soft after application and neither is the hydration lasting..
The only thing I really, really liked was the fragrance, so the next time around I will pick up the body mist / perfume instead of the butter.
For the body, I would rather get my regular Himani Boroplus lotion (100 Rs for 300ml) which provides better and more long lasting hydration.
I was abt to review this today, Tanvi! May be, I will kick it back for a couple of days :) I thougth u wud go GAGA ovr this, just like me :)ReplyDelete
priorities change accordingly :)
@ Divs: How cool! Talk about gr8 minds thinking alike.ReplyDelete
Actually I did like it, but only because of the fragrance.
I just feel terribly guilty each time i use this because of the price tag - I mean i could have bought around 8 bottles of Boroplus in the same price = 3200 ml of Boroplus.
I guess I am suffering from Buyer's Remorse :D
Great minds do think alike, darling! Theres nothing wrong to treat yourself once in a while! so, dont be so damn guilty that I should think twice abt my own guilt :)ReplyDelete
I am really glad u like JCB flavor! In fact, I am going back for Moroccan Rose flavor, as well! May be in a couple of weeks, but before Feb ends!
We have a coupon deal, like i told u the other day! Buy for 10 pounds or more, get 5 pounds off! Who can resist half the price? ME NO SURE! I used one for JCB, got it for 7.50 pounds, which actually retails for 12.50! I have another coupon, saving it for Moroccan rose BB!
But, I got the Moroccan rose sample to convince my hubby :)Sigh! so much for being a woman!
Honestly Tanveer, I just found Body Shop over hyped in a lot of things. Body shop is more of a luxury and once in a while when you want to get yourself pampered, it's THE place to visit. I wish my cocoa butter lotion smelled nice as well. :PReplyDelete
@ Rati: I agree, even I feel tht it suffers from a classic case of over-hype. Their cosmetics are too expensive and I know better substitutes for their skin care range.ReplyDelete
@ Divs: I don't think men will like smells that are rosy, I think u'll have better luck with JCB or even the more neutral smells like coconut, olive. :DReplyDelete