First of all a big hug and thanks to Cynthia, Rati & Divija for their suggestions on what to buy. It really helped me decide and pick the best buys for my monies :D
First things first, the sale was a disappointment. It isn't really 50%, it is actually just 15%. There were only 3 things that were being sold at 50% off - some outdated light green shadow which has a rose motif engraved, a Iced Body Powder in Apricot (which was nothing great) and their silver Define & Sparkle Mascara and Eyeliner. Everything else is either 15% or lower, some of the men's range have products at 25%, and members get additional 5% off.
Secondly the store and the Indian Body Store Website are completely out of sync. A lot of products that are listed on the website arn't there in the store and vice - versa.
I went with a list made using all your suggestions. Here is what happened.
1. Lipsticks were too expensive at 595/-. I really wanted to pick up one, but I did not feel like paying so much as none of the colors were so special that I would not be able to find a cheaper version.
2. Nature's minerals line: No discount on this line. The pink quartz blush was very very pretty, but at 900/- , with no discount it is just too steep. I can buy 4 of Colorbar blushes in the same price.
3. Liquid eyeliners - only available in boring black and brown. Not interesting.
4. They didn't have anything from the Baked Edition - I think it is not availble in India.
5. The Merry Cranberry line is mentioned on the site, but seemed sold out to the last tub in the store. Didn't even see a hint of it.
6. They had the Morrocan Rose range - But I didn't like the smell.
7. They also had the Japanese Cherry Blossom Line - which smelt divine (Hey! that rhymes!). I got the body butter from this line (200gms for 875/- , 15% off). I wanted to buy a smaller tub - but they had no stocks of mini tubs in any of the lines.
8. The foundation brush was for 895/- so I picked up their mini brush kit instead at 845/- . It has a face/blush brush, and eye shadow brush, an blending angular brush and a lipstick applicator brush, all encased in a nifty pouch with a mirror.
9. Bath Gloves: These were not mentioned on the site, but I read great reviews for these and wanted them. Guess what, the store had them. Retails for 225/-
10. I also got my trusty face buffer. Bought a back up.
11. I also got the eyecolor shadow in Velvet Green (043) for 625 /-(15% discount)
12 They were out of stock on all eye shimmer powders and the colored pencil eyeliners were very meh.
13. I saw the loose face powder - it had tiny shimmer particles in it. It was very fine and I can see why Rati loves it so much. I almost picked it up myself, but frankly other than the shimmer, it didn't seem very different in texture to me than my Lakme Rose powder which retails at 80/-. I use the one in soft pink shade. The Body Shop didn't have any pink toned powders, which I need as I am more pink toned than yellow. Yellow toned powders make me look very unnatural and made up (powdered)
14. I skipped the lip butters as suggested by Rati. I tested them and found that her review is 100% accurate.
I will be reviewing all the stuff in a few days. I got 15% off on all the things I bought. Overall as per their bill I saved Rs. 403/-.
I did get some nice stuff and I am happy I went to the Sale, but I just wish the discount was little more. When I read Divija's reviews on how she snagged stuff that retails at 8-18 pounds for 1-2 pounds, this just seems unfair to me, that The Body Shop does not give similar deals here.