My skin care routine - Pre Wedding
Ashwini of Clearly Beautiful had requested me to fess up on the secret behind my amazing skin (her words, not mines)
I really don’t know if this qualifies but I thought I would share with you my pre-wedding skin care routine. This started about 3 – 4 months before the wedding.
1. Coconut water – 5 times a week: Since it regulates the functioning of the intestine and aids in toxin elimination, it indirectly helps clarify the skin.
2. Daily multivitamin / multimineral tablet (ask your doctor for recommendation): to take care of any deficiency thanks to my very random diet comprising of mostly junk
3. Daily Sonova Spirulina tablet: This blue-green algae found in warm water alkaline volcanic lakes. Spirulina is the one of nature's richest source of vitamins, iron, protein, carbohydrates, micronutrients and beta carotene and the best natural source for antioxidants like carotenoids, vitamin E, zinc and selenium, which help fight against free radicals, and also slow down the ageing process. The tablet tastes yuck, so best to quickly gulp it down with lots of water. You can read about its benefits here.
4. About a month before the wedding I began to use the Biotique Papaya Scrub on a daily basis instead of my regular face wash. The granules in this are very abrasive but even the paste base they are in is really nice. So I would use this as a face pack. I would just apply a layer on my face, wait for 10 minutes and wash it off. That really cleared out my skin.
5. Religious use of Biotique Aloe Vera Sunscreen SPF 75. (Yes, SPF 75. I had to stay out a lot in the sun during those days)
Other than these 4 I don’t remember doing anything special. I used my regular Biotique Morning Nectar as moisturizer but only in the night. During the day I would use the sunscreen.
As face wash I used Lotus Sunscreen face wash gel.
But this was a special regimen just for the wedding. From the list above these days I just exfoliate daily with TBS facial buffer, take the multivitamin/mineral 2 – 3 times a week and since I don’t need to be out in the hot sun, I have reduced the SPF to 15. Nothing else.
Did you follow any special regime before a big function?