Thursday, March 18, 2010
Jergens All Purpose Face Cream - Review
Deep cleanses to remove makeup and dirt. Softens and moisturizes to help smooth skin and fight dryness. Provides a radiant, dewy base for makeup.
To use smooth generously all over face and throat. Leave overnight or remove with tissue.
Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Water, Beeswax, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (thickener), Sodium Borate (preservative), Fragrance, Isopropyl Myristate (thickening agent and emollient), Dmdm Hydantoin (antimicrobial), Red 4 (color).
Price: 6 oz (170 gms) tub costs Rs. 165/-
1. Very intense moisturizing. I leave a layer on my face before going to sleep and wake up to really soft skin. I sometimes even slather this on my feet (sadly, I neglect them a lot untill the dryness starts to hurt) and wear old cotton socks to bed, I always wake up to soft soft feet.
2. Deep cleansing: It melts all my make and seems to remove dirt from my pores. I have stopped using soap in the evening now (since the last 4 months) I usally deep cleanse twice with this. First to remove the makeup and superficial dirt, the second time to deep clean and moisturise. I have not got zits since I began using this and even if I do they go away within 24 hours - I don't need to do anything for the zit. Plus my pores seem to have gotten smalller and I also have fewer blackheads
3. Excellent makeup remover: I generally have most trouble with my Maybelline collosal volume mascara - but this cream takes it off like it were a layer of water. Just apply and let it rest for a minute before removing. And it didn't sting my eyes at all.
4. It smells nostalgic. Old school. In a good way, to me. Fragrances do tend to be personal though. This is pretty light pink thick cream.
5. Good value for money. You need very little of the cream so it lasts a long while. I have been using this for 4 months now and am barely halfway through the tub
6. Basic formula: As you can see, this does not have any fancy ingredients. Just an old school formula of water in oil emulsion of mineral oil, beeswax and water. The rest are preservatives.
Beeswax locks in moisture, fosters cells and protects skin from damaging environmental factors. It also is a naturally nourishing moisturizer as well as being anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-allergenic and a germicidal antioxidant. According to Botanical.com, "Even after processing, beeswax still remains a biologically active product, retaining some anti-bacterial properties and also contains some vitamin A, which is necessary for normal cell development."
1. Very heavy: I love this cream. And my dry skin adores it even further. But my hubby who has oily skin hates the feeling of this thick cream on his face. He finds it too oily.
2. Takes a while to sink in: because this is so heavy, it does take a while to sink into my skin. But I am ok with the feeling of cream on my skin - as it is I use it just before going to bed.
3. Has Mineral oil as main ingredient: For those who are looking to avoid it, this might be no-brainer to avoid product. You can read my views on mineral oil here.
Will I buy this again: Yea. For sure.
I love this cream, it is truly all-purpose. It takes off makeup, deep cleanses, hydrates, moisturises and you can even use this on hands and feet. I have not used this as a base for dewy make up though (as the pack says) because I am a little bit scared that this might just be a tad oily for that. But otherwise it was love on first dab and it is till date.