Just a fun post!
Either they enjoy it immensely or else they shun it as a clutch of the immoral. After conversing with a few women and girls I know, I realised that the ones who shun make up do so for generally the following reasons:
1. I save Time - technically this is right, consider the time spent in not only buying but even applying makeup.
2. I save Money - also true. Can't fight this.
3. I am Lazy - well, yeah, there are some of us who are just plain lazy and will put off going to the parlour until the last moment of urgency, when the unibrow emerges.
4. I like the natural look
5. I am a closet paranoid and I am sure it is full of harmful substances that will cause my hair to fall out and skin to break out - Can't blame them. Most Indian companies don't disclose the ingredient list at all. So we are equally clueless when it comes to out lipstick or eyeshadow.
6. I have sensitive skin and nothing suits me - whether real or imagined a lot of women cite this reason. I just think one bad experience should not turn you off. We all have to kiss frogs before we meet the prince.
7. I am annoyed by peer/media/society pressure to wear makeup, so I refuse to wear it.
8. I think there's too much emphasis on superficial beauty and not enough on inner beauty; I want to show others that one can be beautiful without makeup.
9. My religious leader/mother/boyfriend/husband/assorted relative has denounced makeup as a sinful tool of wanton pride. Since I don't want to inadvertently go to Hell when I die, I go barefaced.
10. I am a guy.
This is not mean to offend anyone. Just a fun post on reasons I have heard. Personally, I love makeup, but also believe it is an individual choice, all of us are pretty whether we use makeup to enhance our features or not.
What are some of the reasons you have heard for shunning of makeup?