Monday, April 19, 2010
Jovees - Papaya & Honey Facial Scrub
This mud-based scrub is a unique formulation contains Papaya Seeds, Honey, Fenugreek, Margosa (Neem) as the key active ingredients that help to discover a new kind of luminosity day after day. This scrub is a deep pore cleanser that wipes away spent surface cells, revealing a smoother, clearer and refined complexion.
Method of use
Moisten face and neck. Apply Jovees Papaya & Honey Scrub all over face and neck. Avoid contact with eyes. Massage gently with fingertips for 2-3 minutes using anti-clock and clock wise strokes. Leave on for five minutes. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Follow with jovees Day Cream.
Active Ingredients: Papaya Seeds, Honey, Fenugreek, Margosa (Neem).
Price: Rs. 155 for 100 gms tube
Available: At Beauty Center (you get some 25% off here)
1. Like it claims, it does leave my skin softer and more cleaner looking - definitely more clear and luminous and even shrinks the pores.
2. Despite being mud (multani mitti) based it does not make my skin dry.
3. The packaging is good - this is a nifty tube with flip cap so you remove without contaminating the rest
4. Mild enough for daily use, though after the first week I have reduced its usage to about 3 times a week (simply coz I am feeling very lazy in this summer heat)
1. The papaya seeds scrub is abrasive, a little like Biotique's Papaya scrub.
2. No full ingredient list has been provided
Will I re-purchase: Yes. It delivers on its promise of providing clear luminous skin.
Alternate method of usage: The papaya seed particles by themselves seem abrasive - hence I don't follow the given method of use.
Instead I wet my face, just smooth this gently all over, without scrubbing and wash it off once it is dry.
Jovees is a brand that has been available for long, however I never got around to buying anything from it.
This product was recommended to me by Shweta - Thanks! :-D
Side Note: A reader Priyanka - had asked me for the price of NYX Round Lipstick. It's 395/-. I got myself one recently in the shade - Mars.