St Ives Swiss Vanilla Advanced Body Lotion – Review
Image by brocktopia via Flickr
What it claims: St Ives Swiss Vanilla Advanced Body Moisturizer blends pure vanilla essence with nourishing vitamin E, this lotion works to leave the skin sweetly scented as well as silky soft. Dermatologist tested and hypo-allergenic, the formula works to smooth and condition dry, rough skin, leaving it feeling supple and healthy.
Formulated with Swiss Glacial Waters and natural skin nourishing ingredients.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Stearic Acid, Glycol Stearate, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract. Carbomer, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Honey, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol. Ascorbic Acid Stearamide Amp, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 (CI 191401), Yellow 6 (CI 15985).
Usage Directions / Dosage: Smooth into skin as often as needed. Daily use will prevent over-dry skin from recurring.
Price: Rs. 270 for 532 ml bottle
Available: At most malls - Like Star Bazaar, Chemists chains like Noble. Also at Beauty Center.
PS: I have dry body skin.
1. The Vanilla fragrance! I just love, love, love the vanilla smell of this lotion. It is a nutty sort of fragrance, tempered with a hint of nuttiness (almond I think), but it remains essentially vanilla to the core. I like my vanilla scents plain and un-besmirched by other scents. And the fragrance lasts for up to 3 - 4 hours. (PS. My hubby doesn’t like it so much – says it smells a little chemically – I don’t think so. Clearly proves that fragrances are very personal)
2. Vanilla is known as a calming, relaxing scent. It does seem to make me feel happier. It’s also a natural nourisher, which helps to combat dry, itchy skin and an anti-oxidant that is rich in polyphenols.
3. The price! 523ml for Rs. 270/-. You just need a single lotion pump for each arm, and two for each leg, so it will also last a long time.
4. The packaging: This comes with a pump dispenser making it easy and hygienic to use
5. Absorbs instantly and sinks into my skin. It is gone within seconds and has made my skin really soft. No oily, sticky feeling.
6. Since it absorbs so fast – it didn’t stain my clothes. Neither did it feel uncomfortable in Mumbai’s very hot, very humid weather.
7. I have tried this on my face too - It didn’t break me out and was quite good as a moisturizer.
8. Has a lot of natural skin soothers like cocco butter and honey in addition to vanilla.
1. This seems to have been relaunched under the moniker “Creamy Vanilla.”. I haven’t tried that one so I can’t say if it is the same or a new formulation.
Will I re-purchase: Already have!