Monday, May 24, 2010
Kaya Hydra Cleanse Make Up Remover - Review
Hydra- Cleanse Make Up Remover effectively removes both water-proof and regular make-up without having to rinse with water.This 3-in-1 alcohol free formula is gentle on skin, eyes and lips while removing even the most long lasting make-up. It retains moisture and natural pH of the skin. Cucumber and Witch Hazel Extract reduce pore size to normal and instantly soothe the skin.
Suitable for: Normal, Oily, and Combination skin.
Specially recommended during winter and for dry skin.
Application:Apply and spread a small amount of lotion to the face using a cotton pad. With your eyes closed, gently spread the lotion along the eye lashes and areas where the make up has been applied. Wipe it off with a cotton pad.
Price: Rs. 400/- for 100 ml tube
1. This is one of the most mositurising make up removers I have used. My skin felt very soft and nourished and didn't need a moisturiser post this at all. This is truely a 2 in 1 product. I would come back home, use this to remove my makeup and be done for the night. It cleanses and moisturises at the same time, you save time and energy from applying two different products
2. The formula is light weight, almost like a foam, so it never left behind a film or a slimy layer on the face. Non-oily, yet nourishing
3. The cleansing power is astonishing. It instantly melts waterproof mascara and liner. No need to apply, wait for 30 seconds to liquify, and then wipe. Make up comes off with this in a single swipe.
4. The packaging is good - a neat flip cap makes it easy to carry around as well.
5. The fact that it does not need water, is a major plus. It can be carried around for a quick cleanse when no water is available. It does take a little getting used to, but just follow the instructions to the T, and you won't have a problem.
6. I didn't suffer any breakouts or any other skin problem while using this. But then I don't get acne in any case.
1. The price: it costs 400 bucks for a 100 ml tube. Since I wear quite heavy waterproof eye make (my Bourjois mascara is enriched with Kohl, hence a pain to take off), I would end up using quite a bit of this each time. A pea sized amount didn't really work for me for the entire face. Maybe I just use a lot more cleanser than needed (I am a little bit finicky about taking it all off - otherwise it gives me pseudo make up dark circles), but this wouldn't last me more than a month at this rate.
2. The waterless application needs a little getting used to. It just seemed incomplete to me initially to not wipe my face with atleast a damp cotton, if not actual water. It just felt like my cleansing ritual was incomplete and that dirt was still stuck to my face. But I got around it after 7-8 days. Those of you who enjoy the elaborate ritual with water may not like it as well initially.
This is a great product for those of us who
1. Travel a lot: This is a one stop solution for those who travel a lot. You can use it on the go, and also it is a great multi-tasker and a single tube replaces the need for cleanser & moisturiser
2. Are too tired or lazy in the evening: This doesn't need water, just a cotton pad and this cream and you are good to go. Great for after those really late night parties when you are just too pooped to do anything.
This product was sent to me by the company for consideration, however that has not affected my review in any way.