Budget Beauty at Home - Toners
You don't need expensive serums & portions to look good, just take a peep into your fridge and you'll find stuff that will naturally beautify you and also save some monies. I thought I'll kick off this series with toners, as they are the easiest and simplest to make.
Toner: Looking to save some pennies. Just take half a cup of chilled water, add a few drops of
- lemon juice (if you have oily or acne prone skin or tanned skin)
- honey (if you have dry skin)
- single crushed slice of cucumber (great in summer months) - for closing pores
- Slice of tomato (crush well and strain before use) - great for oily skin and tanned skin.
- Jojoba oil - for very dry skin.
- Mint leaves - boil few mint leaves in water. Chill & use - excellent for oily, acne prone skin & during summers to cool down sun-burnt skin.
Since these are natural toners without preservatives, you will have to make small batches & refrigerate them to prevent spoilage.
Do you make toners at home? what are your recepies?