Thursday, June 17, 2010
Lacto Calamine & its Multiple uses
Even though I don't use it because it dries out my skin with everyday use, I do like to keep a very tiny 10 ml bottle (it is the size of your pinkie finger) with me. It is very cheap at 10 bucks and serves as a good on-the-go remedy for a lot of make up & skin situations.
I shared one of those tips in my previous post on Makeup for Rainy Days, here are some more:
1. Pimple buster: feel the pimple coming on? In college or office with nothing in sight? Apply a dab of LC to bring down the swelling & redness untill you can lay hands on your anti-acne medication. It also provides decent coverage on the pimple because of its tint and thickness
2. Nose suddenly turning oily on you: Sometimes my T zone acts up & my nose turns totally oily. A swipe of a tissue to absorb the excess oil, a dab of LC and things return to normal
3. Caught without Sunscreen: Of course, you know you ain't supposed to step out without that sunscreen on your face. But lets say you forgot, slap LC on. It's not a great substitute but the minerals in it do provide some tiney-mieny protection.
LC also helps soothe sun burnt skin.
4. Eeeee.. Insect bite? Sudden rash?: LC will calm all of it down.
5. Caught without base: Have to meet friends after office, but you didn't get your compact. Use LC instead. If you find it too mattifying & dry, mix half & half with moisturiser for a on the stop tinted mosituriser.
6. Eyeliner on waterline is bleeding: use a tiny drop of LC on a tissue or napkin to clean up the area. The LC wipes off the gunk, cleans the line and also instantly brightens up the undereye area to make it look cleaner.
7. Face pack base: I personally find that LC makes a great base for home face packs. I sometimes crush some overnight soaked almonds in a spoonful of LC and use it as a scrub & face pack.
So these were the tips I know of with LC. You got any secret tips? Spill them out! ;-)