Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Make Up in your Twenties
So kicking off this series for those of you who are in your twenties!
1. Foundation: This is the time to let your youthful skin shine through. Unless you have acne, hyperpigmentation or problem skin, you should be able to get away with sheer coverage of a tinted moisturiser.
Brands to Try
1. Ponds Age Miracle Tinted Moisturiser
2. Biotique Tinted Moisturiser
3. MAC Tinted Moisturiser
2. Concealor: This is a product that is your best friend, no matter what your age. It will instantly erase dark circles and blemishes to make you look younger and fresher
1. Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealor
3. Lips: When you are young, enjoy lip gloss with tons of shimmer, shine and sparkle as your lips will naturally be full of color. Sheer lipsticks, too, are great when you want to try out some intense colors like red.
1. Colorbar glossy tubes
2. Bourjois 3D effet lipgloss
3. Revlon Colorstay Lipsticks
4. Eyes: You can go all out with shimmerry, glittery eye shadows and liners, as the area around the eyes will be naturally healthy and deviod of fine lines. Keep some neutral shades for college or office time and some really colorful ones for the club.
My favourite colored eyeshadow is purple. The deep, intense aubergine purple.
It suits all eye colors (black, brown, green). You can even try a purple liner to achieve the same effect.
1. Jordana: I love their Glitterama eye pencils. They are economical at 130 Rs, available in a host of colors and all have shimmer in them, which is not OTT. I love wearing these to office, as the shimmer is perfect for day time. Only problem is that they tend to fade after 3-4 hours and need reapplication. But I still love them!
2. Colorbar: I like their eyeshadow pallette in Warm. Has some nice shades.
3. NYX Single eyeshadows: Amazing range!
5. Blush & Bronzer: Most girls in their twenties have naturally glowing skin and can do without a blush during the day. For the night, you can just go wild and experiment with shades ranging from hot pink to natural peach-pink to even mauve shades. Just remember to blend well.
Bronzer too is a good option for the day time instead of blush. When purchasing, ensure that you test the colors properly. You want to glow, not make your face look muddy.
1. NYX Cream Rouge & Powder Blushes
2. Jordana Blushes
Of course, this is a good time to set up a routine of skincare to ensure healthy skin for years to come.
Basically, you are in the flush of youth now. Make the most of it and let your natural glow shine through!
Coming up: Tips for 30s
What are your favourite makeup products for the twenties?