Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick - Review
- Innovative pigments provide immediate, high-pigment color release on lips to give rich color in just one swipe
- Unique Elasticolor technology hugs lips with an explosion of color that feels virtually weightless
- Contains film-forming polymers for longer wear and skin conditioning properties
- Moisturizers and anti-oxidants, including Sweet Almond Oil, improve lip texture
- Beautiful packaging, with premium bullet lipstick case and embossed Revlon logo on bullet
Price: Rs. 550 /- for a tube (3.7 gms)
Range: About 18 shades, some of which like Blush and Hazelnut have some shimmer. They have not launched some like Soft Nude and Lilac here (makes sense, these two would suit very few Indian women)
- Rosy Nude - A light pink muted with brown. A very natural lip color
- Soft Rose - Light muted dusty pink. No browns here. Said to be a dupe of NARS Dolce Vita Lipgloss (read here for comparison)
- Blush - Shimmery light brown set off with a pink - peach tint with shimmer
- Raspberry - Cool toned Berry Red with slight shimmer
1. One of the few lipsticks that did not dry out my lips. I hate the whole 'apply lipbalm-wait-wipe-apply lipstick' routine. I am in a hurry in the morning & perfer a one step process. This lipstick goes on smoothly on bare lips. The formula is very good and feels good on a lip too.
2. It does deliver a good punch of color that is very builable, but does not look heavy on the lip. It lives up to it's claim of being weightless and light on the lip. I cannot feel any texture when I rub/press my lips together during the day. It feels just like how your lips would feel without anything on them.
3. I love the color range - though it is small at 18 - it has some very pretty neutrals for daily wear as well as some bright pinks (fuchsia), reds and dark browns as well.
4. It has pretty good staying power of 3-4 hours. I noticed the darker color - Raspberry actually didn't budge even through a slice of creamy cake. Later in the evening, 3 hours later, it survived a chinese dinner to leave behind a very even but light stain on the lips. Can't compare the other colors I have as they are quite light to leave behind a stain.
5. No smell, No taste - Not to me atleast. I don't have the world's most sensitive nose. If you are, please smell before you buy.
6. Packaging: Yes, it looks very, very plush with the quilted outer, the Revlon Logo embossed lipstick, plus the tube shuts with a snap click - tight, this will not open in your purse. The tube has a color swatch on the lid, this does match the color of the lipstick inside quite accurately making it easy to figure out what color you are grabbing for.
1. The price at 550 is a little steep
2. The actual lipstick is very soft, I don't think this would do very well in summers if taken outside in a purse - it may melt!
Will I buy this again: Yes! I already have! On my first purchase I got Rosy Nude & Raspberry. I fell in love with these two & then got Blush & Soft Rose.
It is a little steep at Rs. 550/- but the formula is so amazingly moisturising and weightless, the color it delivers is so rich but yet sheer at the same time. It looks sophisticated, and I love the rose color range. It's soft and bright yet not in your face. I have pigmented lips that are quite pink, and interfere in most sheer lip colors appear very different, sometimes weird, on my lips because of this. Matt lipsticks offer better coverage and so I tend to opt for this. This is one of the first sheer, creamy lip colors that works so well around the natural pigement of my lips.