Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Bourjois Rose Exclusif Lip Gloss 01 - Review
What it claims: A transparent lipgloss that self-adjusts into a unique personalized pink when applied to your lips. It adapts to the pH of your lips.
Price: Rs. 525 for 7.5 ml tube
Where: New Beauty Centre, Khar
1. This is a colorless gloss (no shimmer) that turns a real pretty pink on the lips. It keeps getting darker once applied over a period of 2 hours to turn hot pink finally. But it is very wearable bright cool toned pink. Like Barbie pink.
2. Quite long wearing. This lasted on my lips for a good 4-5 hours through lunch. It also leaves behind a nice pink tint.
3. Odourless & Tasteless to me.
1. This gloss is little bit sticky. Not very, but just a little bit. That probably is the reason why it lasts so long. But I don't find this stickiness untolerable. I am quite ok with it.
2. It is a bit pricy for a gloss - that too a fancy one.
They claim that this product is a different pink on everyone one. My suggestion is that when testing at the counter. Try it on the fingertips. On the back of my hand, it just turned a very light baby pink, but on the tips it was a bright pink.
How does this gloss change color: I am not sure about this, but from what I remember from my Microbiology days, there are chemicals that change color depending on the pH. We would use these in our analysis.
I think this gloss has some food-grade pH indicator that turns pink in acidic conditions (the pH of our skin is generally acidic). This indicator could also be temperature sensitive (lips tend to be warmer as the skin is thinner - blood flows more closely to the surface) aiding the change in color.
Swatches: Karamel Kouture Blog
Will I purchase this again: I have always been facinated by these pH dependent lip products. When I was younger I would get those white lip balms from my local store that kind of worked on the same principle. But I stopped after a while as they would turn too pink, plus I was not sure of the quality or ingredients. Bourjois as a company I trust, and I am happy I can now indulge in my teenage passion once again.
Have you tried pH changing lip products?