PS: Before I start, sorry for the long absence, been a little under the weather with Jaundice.
What it claims: The lightweight, translucent gel comes with quick dry formula that fixes the sparkle in place. Paint crystalline lines for a soft look or sweep the entire eyelid for a jewel encrusted look. Can be used as an eye shadow or as a highlighter for cheeks or any other part of the body in classic shades of gold and silver for a subtle, pearly shine.
Price: Rs. 295/-
1. It does dry pretty fast and stays on for a good 3-4 hours (of partying and dancing), fading very little on the lids. In fact adding this on top of my eyeshadow also considerably increased its adherence. My eyeshadow stayed on longer.
2. Thanks to the fact that it is liquid & quick dry, it is totally non-messy compared to similar shimmer powders for the eye. There is no fallout.
2. Takes any ordinary matt eyeshadow to another level of oomph. It just transforms the entire look.
3. Can be used as eyeliner with a thin eyeliner brush.
4. Of the two colors, I veer towards golden more as I tend to use warmer shades such as browns and bronze for eye makeup. But the silver one too looks really awesome on shades like purple and grey.
1. It dries pretty fast for me, so I have to been really quick to apply this before it sets dry
2. Despite what lakme says, I don't think this can be used as eyeshadow by it self. It's just very fine shimmer suspended in a liquid base. It will not give you the required full lid coverage and will appear to settle in lines and creases, giving a very messy look. This is best used on top of eye make itself. Also I noticed this adheres better on top of powder shadows as compared to cream shadows.
3. The applicator tends to pick up the eyeshadow that you have applied on the lid. Over time this will cause the liquid to turn muddy & discolored
Tip: Instead of using the sponge tip applicator given, directly, I use an old, clean lip gloss wand to just transfer the liquid to my lid. Also you need to gently DAB this onto your eyes. Don't blend it too vigorously or else you will end up wiping off your make up
Swatches: Cynthia has done some pretty neat swatches that you can see here
I would say that while these are not a must have for everyone, they are a neat addition to any girl's makeup kit who attends a lot of parties and functions, is experimental or esp if you don't want to shell out separately on matt & shimmery eye shadows. Just get a couple of matt eyeshadhows for day wear and use these to work them for the night.
Also if you like shimmer, then you will love these for their versatility. I am going through a shimmer phase these days where I am loving shimmer in my liners and glosses (maybe it is the jaundice).
These products was sent to me by the company for consideration, however that has not affected my review in any way.