Make up in your Thirties
But now that you have hit 30, it is no reason to suddenly abandon the crazy color-filled days of your 30s and settle for neutrals in your make-up.
Here are some tips to help you look your best:
1. Foundation: Now is the time to invest in a good, branded foundation. If you notice your skin veering towards dryness or any fine fines, opt for a liquid foundation. If you find the coverage too heavy, you can always thin it out with a moisturiser. If possible get something with illuminating properties. The radiance provided by this will hide all minor fine lines and dry skin.
2. Concealor: Dark circles creeping up? Use a good, branded concealor.
A good foundation & concealor together can take years off your face, and give you a smooth canvas to work with.
3. Blush: Use a peach-brown toned blush to put the glow back in your cheeks. Avoid pure cool pink toned blushes, unless you are very fair, as it can look unnatural and like you are trying too hard.
4. Eye makeup: There is no need to say good-bye to colored eye makeup. Jewel toned liners and shadows work best. They not only provide the color but also the desired sophistication. For example, dull, muted gold; shimmery steel grey, shimmery bronze or mehndi greens, look rich and sophisticated.
If you want to use bright colors, the key is to not overdo it. If you like blue, use a small amount as an eyeliner, not all over the eye. Or, use it as an accenting color. Be subtle.
Be sure to use mascara & eyeliners - both help open up & define the eyes. Pay close attention to highlighting inner corners of the eye with a shimmery light pink or champaigne colored eyeshadow to make them look bigger.
5. Lip colors: Use lipsticks in deep pinks and reds. Try and avoid maroons and dark rust browns. In this decade you will be able to carry off red lipsticks with elan, so take full advantage of that! (Think Cameron Diaz)
Also remember that lip gloss has the potential to knock years off your face.
By now you should be taking good care of your skin as well!
PS: I am 27, and these tips have been gleaned from my observations of some very well put together 30 year old ladies. If you happen to have any tips you can contribute from your experince, please do so.
great tips Tanz...ReplyDelete
I would like to add one for women in their 30s..
Use eye shadow as an eyeliner for a softer look.I wont recommend false eye lashes(albeit many women prefer it) but a curler and mascara will brighten up their look..:)
Handy tips Tanveer :)ReplyDelete
I am turning 20 in two weeks guess i have something to look forward to in my 30's now hahah.ReplyDelete
great job Tanveer :)ReplyDelete
Lovely post this is. I'm counting on makeup to ease me into my 30s :D. But yes, good skin is keyReplyDelete
All ready 30, going to 31 and have just started learning about make up:( that's what u call a (very) late bloomer! Thanks for ur wise kind words :)ReplyDelete