Monday, August 2, 2010
July 2010 favourites
1. Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Glosses: I liked these much better than the lipsticks. They are quite pigmented, shimmery, and last long without being sticky. They could smell better though, I am just glad the caramel sweet smell disipates in a few minutes.
2. Beyu Eye Primer: Using this for a month now, it does make the eyeshadow colors more vibrant and true to form, (I had almost given up on my NYX Champaigne and Caviar Eye shadow pallette - untill I tried them with this as a base) but the lasting power is not greatly enhanced by this. For a more detailed review, visit Palak's Blog Teenage Woes
3. Bourjois Blush in #33 Lilas D'or: Cynthia of India Vanity Case discovered this amazing dupe of NARS Orgasm. Over the last month having worn this during day and night, I have been amazed by its versatality and ability to go with all kinds of makeup. To say that this has become my HG is an understatement. The shimmer is very fine and the pink tone of the blush is just perfect.
4. Max Factor Creamy Blush in Soft Pink: I won this in Cynthia's giveaway.
While this is slightly less pigmented than NYX Cream Blushes, it is far smoother in texture and blends like a dream, as a result of which it looks uber - natural, like you are glowing from within. Lasting power though is less than that of NYX. It lasts for 3-4 hours, after which it begins to fade. But despite that, I am loving this baby and plan to try Soft Murano next from this line. Thanks Cynthia!
5. Bourjois Rose Exclusif Lip Gloss: This self changing clear gloss is lovely these rainy days for a soft pink look on the lips.
6. Nivea Deo Pearl & Beauty Gentle Care: with precious pearl extracts, this offers 24h regulation of perspiration for beautiful and dry underarms. Formulated without alcohol or colourants. I brought the 35 ml tiny spray bottle for 50 Rs. It is very tiny (the size of your palm) and fits snugly into my purse. It has a very intense feminine floral frangrance that lasts 3-4 hours. The only downsize is a tendency to leave white deposit on the skin. I quite like this as a deo on the go. Smells nice & fresh.
7. Sure Anti-Perspirant (Roll on): I got the smallest bottle in this too. It is a very effective anti-persirant, but it hardly has any smell to it, which is pro for me, it offers protection, but does not interfere and allows me to use perfume as well in conjuction. I use this, and then layer on my favourite vanilla body spray.
Have you tried any of these?