Apply before eyeshadow to hold, intensify, and make eyeshadow last longer.
Available in 3 types:
- White - to intensify color
- Pearl - for iridescent effect
- Skin tone
Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Silica (and) Methicone, BHT, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/HexarosinateRicinus Communic (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Nylon-66, Ceresin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
1. This base is very creamy and very easy to blend over the lid without tugging or pulling, plus you need very little amount
2. It looks pink in the image, but it is actually a light beige color with yellow undertones and would suit most Indian skin tones.
3. It does intensify colors like nothing else I have tried till date
4. It did make my eye shadow last a little longer than it does without a base, like 3-4 hours. Mumbai is very hot & humid and without a base eye shadows last for like a hour or two max, this did double the lasting time.
5. Quite affordable at 500 bucks.
1. It is very creamy and may not be very suitable for oily lids. Mineral oil is one of the top ingredients in this product.
2. Packaging - it is sold in a jar
3. I didn't like the fact that it didn't make my eye shadows and liner last for like 6 hrs plus. I don't if the product is to blame or the humidity in the air. Plus after 4 hours it tends to crease and melt the make up it self.
Will I re-purchase: Hmmm.. I may pick up the Pearl one next.
I am in the middle ground for this product, so while it does make the eyeshadow colors pop like no one's business, is very affordable and does increase staying time by double, it is well, *meh*, as the eyeshadow lasted only 4 hours. I am yet to use cult favourites like UDPP or MAC Paint Pots, to figure out if they would last beyond 4 hours in the heat, dust & humidity here.
Swatches: Sofia's Brighter Days and Cosmetic Candy (has review of all 3 bases)
Do you use a primer / base as well? What would you recommend?