Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Products of August '10
Not that I am complaining, I love the rains. I so much prefer them to the heat & summers in Mumbai. I would rather get drenched in the rain, than sweat under the sun.
But the rains have also bought a lot of illness, people are falling ill with malaria & diarrhea & flu. Almost everyone I know is battling something. I hope everyone gets well soon!
Chalo, Now it is time to go through my hits & misses of the month
1. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Cherries in the Glow: I first sported this lipgloss on Divija's Blog, and I knew I wanted this. I finally laid my hands on this last month, and I absolutely love it! In the bottle it looks like a plain cherry red, that you fear might be too bright. On the lips, it is a sheer fleshy red pink that looks very natural.
It has hardly any shimmer, and it goes with all kinds of eye makeup looks. I think I may have found my HG Nude Lip Gloss. It also has a very light smell, and is very moisturising. As you can tell, I am in love with this.
2. Colorbar Apple Martini Nail Paint: Cynthia first swatched this here and started like a whole lemming drive behind this. Every second blogger wanted this, I was no different. This is an out there color, it will invite comment - some people will like it, some won't. It is kind of like the Bisleri Green color on my nails. I like it, and also like the fact that it draws attention.
3. Chambor Eye Art Pencil in Dark Brown & Grey: I have been using this pencils for a few months now. This costs some 400 Rs, and comes with a smudger at the back. It is longer when compared to most eye pencils, doesn't smudge after you have let it set for a minute and both colors are non-shimmery and perfect for office wear.
4. Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Plum Perfect (435): I know, I said I can't stand the smell. Still Can't. But I figured a way to use this very pretty berry plum shade, thanks to Lisa Eldridge. I just dab the lipstick onto my index finger and then lightly dab that onto my lips. That way I get a very nice plum tint, without the texture of a lipstick, that caramel smell, and the dryness of a lip tint. Like I just ate a few berries, Just perfect.
5. ELF Cream Duo Eyeshadow in Mocha Swirl: Costs Rs. 199/-. This is a set of a light milky coffee brown and a deeper taupe like brown. Since this is a cream, it is very easy to blend around the eye. I use the BeYu primer underneath it, and it lasts for around 3 hours. The colors are pretty, the texture is good. But I wish they lasted longer, and also that ELF had some more shades in this range.
That's it for this month. Saving up to splurge in a big way on Diwali.
What were your favourite buys this month?