I thought I would just expand her question, and give you a general idea on how I choose my makeup in the morning.
I generally choose my attire for the day first and that follows my choice of makeup.
For office, my makeup routine is fairly simple. The first product I choose is the eyeliner. Sometimes I match it to my outfit (Charcoal grey liner with a grey shirt) or stick to a simple deep dark brown when I am unsure.
Next I choose my lip color, this depends on my mood, my dress and also the occasion. Sometimes I use a light nude rose color, sometimes I use deeper plum or berry colors, smudged lightly onto my lip, or as a gloss.
It is the lipcolor that actually determines my choice of blush, so if I have used a light rose color, I tend to opt for softer pink blushes that match in tone. If I have used darker berry or plum shades, I use blushes that matchingly are deeper in colors.
My eyemakeup determines how much I layer my blush though. If I have an intense, smokey eye look, with lots of liner, then I apply the blush very sparingly. But if my eye makeup is rather neutral, then I tend to apply a little bit more. It's all about balancing the two.
Below are some lipsticks blushes combos that I regularly use:
- Revlon lipstick Rosy Nude / Soft Rose = Max factor cream blush in soft pink / NYX Rose Petal/ NYX Natural
- Revlon Cherries in the glow gloss = NYX blush in Red
- Maybelline Plum Perfect Lipstick = Max factor cream blush in Soft Murano / Colorbar blush in Fuchsia / NYX cream blush in Diva
- For a bronzy look = Colorbar Plum brown / NYX cream blush in Tan topped with NYX cream blush Golden.
- No - Brainer = Bourjois Blush #33, Lilas D'or. This is my go to blush when I can't make up my mind. It looks good with all kinds of eye and lip makeup. I just vary the amount I layer on, depending upon the overall look.
How do you gals decide which blush to wear?