Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Choosing your makeup in the morning

Poohkie recently asked me

Since you have a LOT of blushes, how do you decide which one to wear every morning? With the little makeup I have, I end up taking AGES to choose which product to use...
I thought I would just expand her question, and give you a general idea on how I choose my makeup in the morning.

I generally choose my attire for the day first and that follows my choice of makeup.

For office, my makeup routine is fairly simple. The first product I choose is the eyeliner. Sometimes I match it to my outfit (Charcoal grey liner with a grey shirt) or stick to a simple deep dark brown when I am unsure.

Next I choose my lip color, this depends on my mood, my dress and also the occasion. Sometimes I use a light nude rose color, sometimes I use deeper plum or berry colors, smudged lightly onto my lip, or as a gloss.

It is the lipcolor that actually determines my choice of blush, so if I have used a light rose color, I tend to opt for softer pink blushes that match in tone. If I have used darker berry or plum shades, I use blushes that matchingly are deeper in colors.

My eyemakeup determines how much I layer my blush though. If I have an intense, smokey eye look, with lots of liner, then I apply the blush very sparingly. But if my eye makeup is rather neutral, then I tend to apply a little bit more. It's all about balancing the two.

Below are some lipsticks blushes combos that I regularly use:
  • Revlon lipstick Rosy Nude / Soft Rose  = Max factor cream blush in soft pink / NYX Rose Petal/ NYX Natural
  • Revlon Cherries in the glow gloss = NYX blush in Red
  • Maybelline Plum Perfect Lipstick = Max factor cream blush in Soft Murano / Colorbar blush in Fuchsia / NYX cream blush in Diva
  • For a bronzy look = Colorbar Plum brown / NYX cream blush in Tan topped with NYX cream blush Golden.
  • No - Brainer  = Bourjois Blush #33, Lilas D'or. This is my go to blush when I can't make up my mind. It looks good with all kinds of eye and lip makeup. I just vary the amount I layer on, depending upon the overall look.
So there it is. I hope it helps.

How do you gals decide which blush to wear?

11 comments:

  1. Wow great post....I just love Revlon Cherries lippie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanz..for night look i prefer bronzy shades and for day peaches and pink..though lot of it depends upon my mood too.

    great post as usual:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything depends on my eyes-

    if my eye makeup is heavy, i use my only pink blush and a light peach/pink lipstick

    if my eye makeup is light, i use my coral blushes and deeper/brighter shades of lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, and you have a great collection of blushes...how lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First I choose my outfit and then I usually wear an eyeshadow that matches or compliment it. As for the lip color, I wear pinks or peaches if the eye makeup is heavy or colorful. If instead my eyes are natural, then I'd use a brighter, deeper shade of gloss/lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice post...
    hey i hav jus written my 1st post..need all of urs suggestions on it..
    http://newlove-makeup.blogspot.com/2010/09/hiimy1st-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey..cud u do a swatch of all your nyx blushes

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY thanks for answering my Q Tanveer! I've been sick for the past few days and reading your reply made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol when I was in university - I would just wash my face and put on some moisturizer and do my make-up on the way. Don't worry I wouldn't do it while driving. I would just wait for the red-light and then put on some tinted moisturizer or compact foundation. Then when I had to wait for parking I'll put on whatever blush I had in my make-up bag I have in my purse...I would stay clear of too bright for day blushes and then whatever lipgloss I had. I usually did my eyeliner in one of m breaks. I am going to miss uni.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hardly have time in the morning- concealer, kajal, and mostly i reach for MAC Peaches- it goes with everything!. Or sometimes Maybelline Peach satin. Definitely need to expand blush collection. Hardly have any variety..

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails