Thursday, September 30, 2010
Colorbar Blushes - Review
This talc free, silky powder contains a moisture balance formula that is easy to blend and keeps the skin smooth, hydrated and nourished for soft cheeks with just the right hint of color.
Price: Rs. 250 for 6 gms
1. Highly pigmented formula - shows up instantly on the skin
2. Very finely milled texture, has never caused me to break out or resulted in dry patches.
3. Amazing shades for Indian skintones - I have fuchsia (deep pink) & plum brown (pinkish brown) and love both a lot
4. Very economical and it is a nice sturdy packaging.
1. Because it is so pigmented, it is very easy to go overboard and end with clown like look. When using this always dust off excess blush from the brush.
2. The brush provided with this is of good quality, but I don't like it at all for applying blush. It doesn't blend it very well. When travelling - I would rather use my fingers to apply and blend than this brush.
3. Doesn't last very long on its own - a max of 3 hours, after which it is gone. It does last longer (read 4 - 5 hours) if layered on top of a cream texture though - so apply this either on top of a thin layer of cream blush or even liquid foundation. You will have to be little deft in blending though. Cream will tend to latch onto powder.
Will I purchase this again: Yes. I love the colors - Fushsia & Plum Brown. They are very different shades and I enjoy using them. However I do wish they were also available in cream format so that they would blend better & have long-lasting power.
You can also read reviews of this by Anamika & Cynthia.
Have you tried this blush? Any tips to make it last longer?