Friday, September 17, 2010
NYX Concealer in a Jar (Glow) - Review
Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, BHT, Microcrystalline Wax, Nylon-66, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Silica, Butylparaden, Fragrance, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ceresin, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/ Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sequioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.
Price: Rs 500 for 7 gm tub
Where: Beauty Centre in Mumbai
Shade: I have Glow (CJ06): This is a light shade concealer with a pink undertone. But I do remember that the counter had another 2-3 shades other than this. One was Tan or Beige I think with yellow undertones.
1. Very creamy, easy to blend texture makes it a dream to apply on blemishes on the face. But it is thick enough to stick and not slide off the blemish.
2. This shade matches me to a T. I really like the fact that it has pink undertones to it. Most concealers have yellow undertones to them, which don't look natural when I apply them on blemishes and areas around the chin and mouth. They tend to wash me out. But this one blends in and looks super natural.
3. Despite appearing matt, it is not drying at all on the skin
4. Covers blemishes very well - esp ruddy areas like around the nose and mouth
5. Lasts long. The coverage lasts for a good 5 hours, plus this is also useful as a eye makeup base. This doesn't melt or shift easily in the heat, or even cake and crease.
6. Very tiny tub - makes it easy to carry when travelling out of town, and equally easy to lose as well :-P
1. I am really not sure how this performs under the eyes, coz I havn't used it there. Actually I didn't get this for the under eye area at all, where I prefer to use Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer (no 53) around my eyes as that way creamier (it is a lotion, almost) and very easy to blend and dab around the delicate eye area plus it is more pigmented and has a yellow undertone.
2. The packaging in a screw cap tub is not very nice.
Will I repurchase: Yes, but only to use on blemishes and on areas like around the nose, mouth and chin, not underneath the eyes.
For swatches (of all 3 shades): Go here