What it claims: Jet black kajal for the blackest black delivery in just one stroke. Draw a sharp, intense line or smudge for a smoky finish. The easy-to-use pencil glides on super soft and smooth, with a glossy finish only satin can provide! Create bold and beautiful eyes with this water resistant formula that keeps color and shine in place without spreading.
Available in Black
Price: Rs. 150 /-
1. The color is a deep jet glossy black, this is not a matt black shade and it goes on intense glossy black, no sheer black liner strokes.
2. This is the first Kajal pencil I have used and I was expecting it to smudge a lot, but surprisingly it doesn’t smudge too much. You just need to apply it on your waterline and then don’t blink or touch it for 5 minutes. It tends to bleed a little bit during this period, which can be wiped. After these 5 minutes, the Kajal stays put for a good 4 to 5 hours. It tends to fade minimally after this.
3. Didn’t irritate my eyes and it does apply very easily without tugging.
4. The packaging is nice, the pencil looks sleek and pretty, and it also comes off easily with makeup remover without creating too much of a mess
1. I can use this comfortably only on the lower waterline, but some of the looks that I have got with the kit recommend using this on the upper lash line as well. When I tried that I found this was too thick and cumbersome. Maybe someone with more deft skills will be able to make this work. I couldn’t control the thick fat tip. So I can use this only on the waterline. Even then I do wish the pencil were less chubbier, that would really make it super easy for me to use it on my waterline as well.
2. I wonder why they claim that the glossy finish is thanks to Satin. I mean, satin is a kind of cloth material right. But then I am just curious, because there is no mention of any ingredients anywhere on the pencil. I didn't get an outer cover with this, so I am guessing there is no outer cover with ingredient listings.
My overall opinion: As you must have guessed by now, I love this Kajal. Admittedly it is my first, so I have no clue how this compares to other brands (the only other one I have tried is Biotique - twice - and I didn't like it. It smudged a lot, plus I didn't like the matt black color of that kajal).
It is a deep, dark glossy black as opposed to a matt black liner. It does not smudge on my waterline, except for the initial 1-2 minutes which it takes to set. I also do not rub or touch my eyes at all during the day, if you were to rub your eyes, then this, being a Kajal, does tend to smudge a bit. Also I don't have very watery eyes or sensitive eyes & I don't wear lenses.
This product was sent to me by the company for consideration; however that has not affected my review or opinion of this product in any way.