I'm getting married in the last week of december.
Although I have a fair skin tone with only a few breakouts here n there, the problem is that it lacks glow. Im hoping for much better skin for my wedding ceremony.
Do you have any suggestions that could make my skin healthier and give it a natural glow? I also suffer from the problem of dark circles which look worse due to my skin tone.
I know make-up can help tremendously, but i would prefer an actual glow to the one induced by make up.
I hope you can gimme some tips on this. Also, I would love to know how to apply light make up which looks natural for the various functions and parties coming up.
Dear Jia, first of all congrats on your wedding.
For skin that glows, I would recommend that you visit a dermatologist. S/he will be able to suggest the best products for you after having examined your skin. In the mean while here are just some general suggestions for you:
1. Since you have not mentioned your skin type (seems like oily, but I am not sure) I won’t be recommending any specific products, just start using The Body Shop Facial Buffer with a face wash suits you well. This will help exfoliate dead cells & prevent acne
2. Continue using a good moisturizer – day & night to keep skin hydrated at times
3. You can even start using a toner like rosewater to help hydrate the skin. Just spritz on your face before applying moisturiser
4. For your dark circles, you can try either L’oreal or Ponds age miracle under eye cream
5. Once a week either apply a face pack of honey & lemon juice or else plain curd.
6. If you have a lot of blackheads/whiteheads then get a clean up done at the salon every 5 weeks. If this is not possible, then at home, exfoliate your skin and follow up with a face pack that suits you.
7. Eat healthy homecooked food, fresh fruits, nuts & exercise regularly. This is the most important step of all, skip this and you are unlikely to have glowing skin.
As for light makeup,
1. Use a concleaor to cover all acne marks & dark circles
2. Apply loose power or compact on top to set the concealor
3. Use a simple shimmery dark brown eyeshadow all over the lid, follow up with waterproof black / brown eyeliner on both top and bottom lashline and mascara
4. Use a simple peach-pink blush on your cheeks
5. Apply lipstick/lip gloss of your choice.
Any tips for Jia to help her get that glow in her skin?