The Body Shop Hemp Face Protector - Review
Flaky, dry, uptight. Who wants to hang around skin like that? Give it a daily dose of this mega-moisturizer. With Community Trade shea butter from Ghana.
Hemp seed oil
Has an unusually high concentration of essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin's moisture barrier thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
Is one of nature's richest moisturizers. It is readily absorbed by the skin and so provides good protection for rough, dry hands.
Moisturizes and helps to condition dry skin, especially on your lips and around the fingernail beds. Acts as a barrier that helps to seal in moisture. Helps to keep product texture consistent when used over time. Plays a part in protecting and preserving the forest as well as providing necessary income for the beekeepers, an increasing number of which are now women.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Hemp Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Talc, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.
Price: Rs. 595 for a 50 ml tub (I got 50% discount on this price so I actually paid some Rs. 297- there was a 50% discount offer on the entire hemp line - body butters, hand cream & all.)
1. This is one of the lightest "heavy" moisturiser I have used in a long time. Confused? Bear with me. You see this is meant for very dry skin & it really does moisturise a lot. It soothes dry skin instantly and the moisturisation effect lasts a good 12-13 hours. Over time my facial skin has become very soft.
2. Now you would think a moisturiser like this would be very heavy, sticky or oily. But no, this is so incredibly lightweight, it absorbs instantly, doesn't form any sticky film on the face. I suspect that is because this contains Talc as one of the ingredients. When I used this the first time I was pretty skeptical that something this light would work and live up to the lofty claims of powerful moisturising for very dry skin. But it does!
3. I don't need need more than a small pea sized amount for the entire face & neck.
4. Since it is so light and absorbs quickly, I can easily use it as a base under my foundation/makeup.
1. The smell! It smells like a mosquito repellent cream. It also looks like one, thanks to the weird green color of this cream. When you sniff the tub it is quite repulsive, thankfully when you apply it to the face, since you need such a small amount the smell is less intense and dissipates quickly. But do take a sniff of this before you purchase. I have become acustomed to the smell now, because I am so sold over the benefits, but it wouldn't hurt if TBS added a drop or two of Vanilla essential oil to this to make it smell more 'wintery'
2. May not be suitable for people with oily/combination skins. While this felt very light on my dry skin, I can't say it would be the same for people with combination/oily skins. The Body Shop, always has samples that can be tried before purchase, please try one before you invest in this.
3. Has both Parabens & Talc as ingredients.
Will I repurchase: Already have.
Since I loved it so much & I wanted to make good use of the 50% off scheme, I went & got another pot of this. :-)
I also got the Hemp Body Butter. Will review it next week.
Have you tried this or any other product from this Hemp line?
- Get link
- Other Apps
Labels: face moisturiser hemp Hemp Face Protector The Body Shop the body shop hemp the body shop hemp face moisturiser thick moisturiser very dry skin
I have tried the hemp hand protection cream from my sis...its absolutely great!ReplyDelete
Lolz..Mosquito replant cream..:D:D but it works well so it doesn't matter ...Me no way buying it as i am oily skin person.ReplyDelete
i have my eye on this since a long time. gonna get this for the coming winters.ReplyDelete
Most of The Body Shop products are soo good. I might try this one in winter.ReplyDelete
Hey Tanveer, inspired by your blogs I've also started my own blog. Would you check it out?ReplyDelete
Hemp line is very moisturizing. I have the hand protector and I love it. Nice review and welcome back!ReplyDelete
I was wondering if you have done any posts on forest essentials products...ReplyDelete
Let me know..