Best if you want: A portable brush kit that includes an assortment of travel-friendly-size brushes: Blusher Brush, Eyeshadow Brush, Slanted Brush and Lipstick/Concealer Brush.
How it works:
Super-soft synthetic hairs are long-lasting and specially cut to be extra gentle on delicate face skin.
Slightly tapered handle made from Forest Stewardship Council wood makes the brush easy to hold and use for controlled, precise application.
From L to R: Blush Brush, Eyeshadow brush, slanted eyeshadow brush & lipstick n concealer brush
Nifty pocket is just the right size for storing small makeup products.
Price: Rs. 845 for 4 brushes, enclosed in a black kit with mirror.
1. Very travel friendly, the kit is really tiny when closed - just 4 inches I think. Fits snugly. Plus the mirror inside has excellent clarity and gives one a good, albeit tiny view.
2. The brushes are made of synthetic hair - I avoid using brushes made from animal hair, just kind of freaks me out a bit.
3. The brushes are all very soft and don't shed much, they also retain their softness over repeated washes.
4. The first (from left) fluffy brush is meant for powder blush, it is a bit tiny but it does work well enough for me, although because of it's size it does take longer to apply & blend blush as compared to the bigger ones.
5. The second blush is meant for eyeshadow application, it is again soft & does a good job of packing eyeshadow on the lid, but it is not good for blending. I also use this brush for under eye concealer application, as it is quite good at reaching the inner corners.
6. The 3rd slanted brush is also meant for eyeshadows. This one is okish for blending eyeshadows. But it is quite good for filling in the eyebrows with powder, as well lining the lower lash line with eyeshadow - esp if you want that soft smudgy look along the lower lash line.
7. The last one is meant for lipstick & concealer and comes with a clear plastic cover/cap. I have used it only for lipstick, & found it to be ok. While it is soft, it doesn't pick up a lot of color so one has to repeatedly go back for more to apply. But the tiny size of the brush also ensures that lipstick application, esp at the corners & upper V is very neat.
1. The handles are a bit tiny and take a bit of getting used to.
2. They claim there is a nifty pocket just below the brushes to store small makeup items, nothing I have is that small to fit in there. The only thing that fits in there are maybe, couple of tiny bindis.
Would I recommend this: Yes.
I find this extremely compact and convenient to use. This is very travel friendly. I also think this is a great purchase for girls who are new to makeup, are using brushes for the first time or are looking for good quality brushes at economical prices.