What it claims: A good source of Vitamin E, Manganese & Iron, Roghan Badam Shirin acts as a natural skin tonic protecting from free radicals, aging & blemishes. It’s like a natural skin tonic.
Vitamin E protects healthy cells from destruction by an overabundance of molecules known as free radicals. Manganese is a versatile trace mineral used as skin supplement for premature aging, irritations & blemishes.
Price: Rs. 75 for 25 ml bottle
Available: at all chemists
1. A smooth textured, light, yellow colored oil, it spreads easily, absorbs quickly & does not feel very greasy. Only a drop or two is needed for the entire face. It really helps treat dry, flaky skin on my face.
2. Excellent for the under eye area, it has helped lighten my under eye area considerably. A lot of under eye creams have almond in them as it said to lighten dark circles, sadly none of those creams did anything for me. This oil however has helped a lot, and my eye area looks brighter – I have been using this for about ten days now – twice a day. Plus this is really mild & doesn't sting the eyes at all.
3. Easily available at local chemists
4. I also find this suitable for using as a base underneath makeup. After I wash my face, I apply a drop or two all over my face & let it settle for about ten minutes. I proceed with my makeup after that & I have not had any problems.
5. Rich in antioxidants, a study published in the March 2010 issue of the International Journal of Dermatology claimed that almond oil protects the skin against damage from harmful UV rays. Subjects who were treated beforehand with almond oil experienced less photoaging of their skin.
6. Ancient Chinese, Ayurvedic and Greci-Persian medicinal schools have used almond oil to treat problematic skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. According to the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department at the Salisbury General Hospital in the UK, almond oil has shown to reduce scarring.
1. The moisturizing effect is a little shortlived. While it softens the skin, it doesn’t seem to moisturize from within. If I skip this for a day, my skin starts to feel dry again. I am not sure this is because of the oil, or the unnatural dip in temperature & cold, chilly winds that Mumbai is experiencing.
2. While I appreciate the fact that it is sold in a glass bottle which is less damaging to the environment compared to plastic, (as glass is easy to recycle), I do wish they this had a flip cap on top as opposed to the screw cap cover. It would be easier to get to the oil.
Will I re-purchase: Yes.
I plan to continue using this for the undereye area. Nothing has worked this well for me, to eliminate dark circles.