Hello Gals! How’s the week coming around?
Posts will be a little slow this week & next as I prepare for my cousin’s wedding. While I have been getting my clothes in order for the events, I have also been mentally trying to line up the makeup I would wear with each, which I discovered is not such an easy task.
Since I mostly wear makeup to office – it tends to be quite routine – simple, neutral lipstick. Brown eye shadow paired with eyeliner. I tend to stay off dramatic shades like red lips or smoky eyes.
But dressing up since the past few days has made me realize that sometimes a bit of co-ordination between the makeup & your clothes can really help you shine! So here are some guidelines on Red Lipstick – which clothes to sport them with.
Please keep in mind that these are just my guidelines, please feel free to experiment & stick to your own gut feel when it comes to makeup.
Wear red lipstick when
1. You are wearing white/black clothes or even neutral shades like navy blue
2. It looks especially nice when paired with denim jeans & a white tee / white salwar kameez – dresses up the entire look or even a black sari.
3. When you plan to wear a deep pink/red blush – try NYX Red Cheeks
4. Use simple browns/greys on your eyes.
Avoid red lipstick
1. When you are wearing red or pink – too much matchy/matchy (unless you are wearing a black/white coat on top of the red)
2. When you are doing smokey eyes – too much going on. Also please don’t pair it with blue eyeshadow. Not nice.
3. When you are wearing pink/peach blushes – it clashes according to me.
Most of you must be aware that our skin tends to be either warm or cool tones & the best way to get a red lipstick to suit you is to get it in a shade that matches your tone. Below are some shades that might suit you when looking for your perfect red
- L’Oreal Color Riche Classic Wine
- L’Oreal Color Riche Au Currant
- Revlon Super Lustrous Cherries in the Snow lipgloss
- Revlon Super Lustrous Certainly Red
- Revlon colorburst lipstick in True Red
- Maybelline Color Sensational Very Cherry
- Maybelline Color Sensational Are you Red-dy?
- Revlon Colorburst lipstick Crimson
- L’Oreal Color Riche British Red
- Revlon Super Lustrous Ravish Me Red
- L’Oreal Color Riche True Red
- Maybelline Color Sensational Summer Sunset
- Maybelline Color Sensational Red Revival
- Maybelline color sensational lipgloss in Cranberry cocktail
What are your favourite reds & which clothes do you pair them with?