What LUSH Claims: The Baby Face bar is another of our solid cleansers which we developed in order to avoid using preservatives on the skin. It melts on the skin so you can softly smooth it all over the places which need cleansing (it's an excellent make-up remover) then to take it off use warm water on 100% cotton wool or a face cloth and you will be astonished at both how lovely and soft your face feels and how clean the Baby Face gets it. Each smiling bar has four different natural plant butters in it to remove dirt and put back moisture. Its lovely scent comes from toning tangerine oil, narcissus (which we use to make so you beautiful you'll want to look at your reflection all the time) and everlasting flower (to give you everlasting beauty).
It was made as a solid, preservative-free alternative to Ultrabland.
Ingredients: Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Coconut Oil (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), Narcissus Absolute (Narcissus jonquilla), Everlasting Flower Absolute (Gnaphalium uliginosum), Perfume.
Price: Rs. 460 for a bar (which roughly weighs 35 gms)
How I use this: I just rub this all over my dry face – it immediately starts to melt on skin contact. Once I have a layer of this on my face – I rub gently for 5 mins & keep adding a bit of warm water to emulsify it into a lotion – after that I wipe it all off with a damp hot wash cloth.
1. It is quite moisturizing for winters, thanks to all the butters & it leaves behind a film of moisture. It does make the skin very soft.
2. Time saving for dry skin. One need only use this as a single step of cleansing & moisturizing.
3. It does take off makeup like foundation, lipstick, concealor.
4. No presservatives, completely natural except for the perfume bit.
1. Very pricy & not economical – the picture above is of the bar after just 3 uses. Maybe I use too much, but I feel like I need a lot of the product to make it work. I have been using it for a month now & that tiny piece is gone, plus the bigger piece is also ¼ over
2. Not a good idea for those with greasy or acne prone skins. Those who like that squeaky clean feeling will not like it.
3. It is not very good at removing mascara or eyeliner. You will need to use a separate cleanser for that
4. It is sold as a open, naked bar – there is no container – you have to buy it separately – making storage an issue. I stored it in this blue plastic dabba I have.
5. The baby’s face starts to look a bit ugly once you start to use it coz all the cute features get smudged off, plus the one I had broke into 2 pieces!
Will I repurchase: Possibly only once a year for using during drying winters. I don't like the fact that they sell this only wrapped in plastic - for that price they ought to throw in a container as well.