What it claims: The key process for any oil, when it comes to quality, is 'Cold Pressing'. This means that the oil has been extracted by a natural method which doesn't damage essential fatty acids.
• Cold Pressed • Organic • Nutrient Rich • Unrefined
Cold pressed black unrefined Sesame oil, is regarded as one of the best oils for massage. It has high lecithin content renowned for mood elevation, and is extremely nutrient rich for nourishing and toning the skin.
Price: Rs. 395 for 200 ml bottle
Where: Forest Essentials has a store on Juhu Tara Road, as well as in Paladium.
I got this after reading Anamika (Wise She)’s review (which you can read here). I am a big fan of using sesame oil for the face. Earlier I was using a local brand called Endranium (got it from hypercity) – it was working fine for me, but it did tend to feel a little greasy & thick. Plus there was no information on the method of extraction.
1. Extremely light – it absorbs instantly into the skin, doesn’t feel thick or greasy
2. Smells better than the earlier sesame oil I was using – has a light nutty smell
3. I’ve been breaking out into a bit of acne recently – using this oil overnight helps lessen the inflammation & it also seems to prevent acne. I was busy for 3-4 days & didn’t use this as regularly – result was that pimples started to arise again.
4. The store has testers for the oil – so you can try it out before you purchase
5. It does remove makeup equally well – though I prefer to use a cheaper cold cream for that, this is too expensive. :)
6. It is cold pressed & organic
1. It has got to be the high price tag. My earlier oil was 35 bucks for 200ml – this is like 10 times more!
2. I wish this were sold in a dark bottle, instead of the clear plastic bottle, as I have heard that oils need to be stored in dark bottles to preserve their nutrients.
3. Limited availability – sold only at FE stores.
How I use this: I generally use this in lieu of a night cream. I just apply 3-4 drops all over my face & neck. Sometimes I wipe off the excess after 20 minutes with a damp tissue – if it is feeling little oily.
Will I re-purchase: Yes. I can feel the difference in quality between this oil & the earlier local brand. I like the concept of using a single ingredient, natural, preservative free product at night time for skin care.