How to wear Fuchsia Lips
Wear fuchsia lips with
1. Black, white, cream (ivory), dark navy blue clothes.
2. Simple black, dark blue or brown eyeliner. I tend to not use any eyeshadows when doing a fuchsia lip. Just mascara & thin eyeliner on upper lash line.
3. Let your skin be matt – I tend to avoid shimmery highlighters with such a bright lip.
4. If it feels too bright & scary – layer clear gloss on top to tone it down. If the lipstick is too cool toned, try topping it with a gloss that has some gold shimmer.
5. During the day you can pair this with a summery outfit (white kurta or a summery dress) & during the night pair it with a black outfit (sari, kurta or top)
6. A lip liner - Dark shades generally need a lip liner to make them appear structured, use a lip brush as well.
7. Use a neutral blush. I tend to skip blush entirely – but if you need to – use a very neutral one. No shimmer.
8. Make sure your accessories (earring, pendants) are not too big to distract attention.
Avoid fuchsia lips with
1. Heavy eyemakeup or heavy blush.
2. Clothes that are in shades of pink (too much going on), bright orange, bright green, purple… Basically don’t pair it with clothes that are very bright themselves or outfits that have more than 2 colors going on.
3. Colored eyeliners like purple & all.
4. Chunky jewellery around the face area.
Some brands to try
· Revlon Colorburst Fuchsia (the best IMO – a warm fuchsia that goes well with Indian skintones)
· MAC Gulabo (Limited Edition) or Girl about town
· Bourjois Sweet Kiss in Fuchsia Class
· Maybelline Colorsensational - Fuchsia Fever
· L’Oreal Color Riche - Intense Fuchsia
· Colorbar Matt Velvet lipstick in Smokey Rose
· MUFE #203 lipstick
· NYX lipstick in chole
So have you tried this trend? what's your favourite fuchsia lipstick?