How to use: Apply thick layer on face for 15 minutes. Wipe off excess with damp washcloth/cotton.
Price: Rs. 150 for 50 gm tube
1. It does help moisturize the skin – the pack is a white cream that emulsifies upon application to a clear layer on the face.
2. Didn’t break me out
3. It does help calm dry, flaky skin.
4. The tiny tube travels well
5. It is not as oily as cold cream and it also absorbs faster into the skin as compared.
It works just as well on hands (yea, I tried it – the skin on my hands tends to get very flaky during winters)Cons:
1. It could be more hydrating, it tends to feel a little synthetic, and also the hydration is not cumulative – so it won’t make your skin feel better over time. Effect is rather short- lived.
2. It does leave a film of moisture behind, while that didn’t bug me on my face, I didn’t like having it on my hands (my bad, Lakme never asked me to use it on my hands in the first place)
3. It claims to deep cleanse – but I didn’t notice my skin looking any cleaner. I personally feel this should be a little more oily – a bit more Shea Butter??.
Overall: I like the concept of a butter mask for dry skin, as opposed to the regular kaolin/clay based masks which don’t suit dry skin & aren’t of any use during winter. It does soften the skin a bit.
It is a good purchase for winters for those with dry skin & who hate thick, oily moisturizers. This does help add another level of moisturisation to the face, but that’s about it.
Have you tried this?
Sent by Company / PR for consideration, but that has not affected my review in any way.