Auravedic Face Polish Lime & Ginger - Review
Where: In Mumbai Auravedic is available at
- Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel,
- Dhoop, Khar,
- Tresorie, Santa Cruz, and
- Culture Shop, Powai.
- Kokum Butter 22% (Kokum Butter is rich in essential fatty acids, which aid in cell oxygenation and make nutrients more readily available for use by skin tissues. Kokum Butter also contains antioxidant vitamin E. Kokum Butter is a non-comedogenic (non pore-clogging) material that aids quick absorption and adds a premium texture to your cream emulsions. Kokum Butter helps regenerate tired and worn skin cells and supports skin elasticity and general flexibility of the skin wall. It has been used traditionally in India to soften skin and restore elasticity and as a balm for dry, cracked, rough and calloused skin)
- Coconut oil 2%
- Glycerine 2%
- Almond oil 2%
- Lemon Oil 2%
- Wheatgerm oil 2%
- Aloe Vera 1%
- Citrus Limon 2%
- Citrus granules 2%
- Zingiber Officinale 2% (Ginger on the skin can increase skin's radiance and decrease inflammation that may contribute to conditions such as psoriasis and acne. Ginger is an antioxidant, which means it inhibits harmful free radicals that cause skin damage and aging. It is also anti-bacterial)
- Xanangum 1%
What I liked:
1. It is not drying at all. I have combination skin that has both oily & dry patches. Neither does it make my skin dry nor does it leave behind any oily film. It just makes the skin a lot softer.
2. smells really nice - citrus balanced with a spicy note (must be the ginger) but it is not overwhelming
3. Dries within minutes
4. It does mattify the skin for up to 3-4 hours after use
5. For some reason, my skin feels really cool after washing it off. Must be the lemon oil.
6. all ingredients listed with %s
What I don't like
1. While this has some citrus granules (I think they are rice granules, although the pack says otherwise) - they are too big & very few in number to bring out any effective exfoliation. While I like the fact that they don't have any sharp edges, I like my scrubs to be densly populated with granules - & also if they are smaller.
Overall opinion: This makes for a better face pack than a scrub. It dries quickly & gives results within 5 minutes. Skin feels soft, but at the same time it absorbs all excess oil.
PS: While the pack doesn't say anything, I prefer to use this at night because of it's lemon oil content, as it is known to make the skin more sun-sensitive.
Sent for consideration by company / PR, but review is an honest recount of my experience.