LUSH Fresh Farmacy Cleanser - Review

What it Claims: Cleansing chamomile bar for troublesome skin.
Fresh Farmacy is the soothing, cleansing bar to reach for whenever you see a spot starting rear its ugly head. It makes a tiny bit of froth to clean your face gently. And because it's made with masses of calamine and chamomile, it's one of the most extraordinarily calming cleansers known to humankind.

We add rose, tea tree and lavender essential oils for their powerful, skin-calming properties. It not only deals with spots; it soothes and eases other skin troubles, too.

How to use: Moisten the cleansing bar with water and rub in your hands to create a lather. Apply to your face in a gentle, circular motion, rinse thoroughly, pat dry. For best results follow with the LUSH toner and moisturizer that best suit your skin type.

INGREDIENTS
Calamine Powder, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerine, Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Marigold Flowers (Calendula officinalis).

Price: Rs. 550 for 100 gms

What I liked:
  1. Calms down acne instantly – my acne is always less red & inflamed after using this
  2. Absorbs excess oil & keeps skin matt for a good 3-4 hours.
  3. Has helped decease my acne – my acne is much smaller & heals faster.
  4. Unlike other lush cleansers – this one foams
  5. While it is expensive – I feel 100 gms would last me a good 4-5 months with daily usage.

 What I didn’t like
  1. Lush gives this soap packed in a flimsy paper. I would have liked it better if it were in a container
  2.  Tends to dry out skin if used more than once a day
  3. Leaves a film on the face – of calamine – which is both good & bad. Good because it really mattifies the face & absorbs excess oil. But not everyone may like it.
  4. Doesn't remove makeup.
  5. Doesn't prevent more breakouts – it just helps the current lot heal faster – but does nothing to prevent it
 Will I repurchase: Yes.
I recently stopped certain medications & now since the last few months, my skin has become oily (my skin was always oily to begin with, but the medications dried it out) & lo, and behold – my acne is back. This cleanser really helps in reducing inflammation (I tend to get very red, angry acne- so even lesser inflammation is a boon for me) & also mattifies my skin for some time.

The good thing about LUSH is that you can try out their prdts before purchase – I tried this cleanser on my face & then went about doing rest of my errands around the mall – I bought it after 2-3 hours. I suggest you do the same when buying LUSH – use their samples not just on your hand – but on your face also to get a good idea.

Have you tried this? What is your favorite cleanser to mattify oily skin?

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

  1. Oye...i had no idea that we can try their stuff!!! Im so going to so do that the next time...Im eyeing one of their hair masks... i would get the face masks but they expire too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chamomile is a great cleanser, i even use chamomile flower decoction as hair rinse! but had no idea it is an ingredient for calming pimples! sounds interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review dear ...
    when i started reading and saw "for oily skin" i was like tanz always mentioned dry skin ... but then at the end u mentioned about the same LOL....
    and now i can proudly use as we both have same skin right ???
    m gonna try this out as i also face acne now and then :)
    once again thanks for awesome review dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so tempted to buy lush products...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried koalin clay [multani mitti] with rose water and fine masoor dal powder? It works as cleanser and keeps face oil free on me for around 4-5 hours in mumbai humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am using lush herbalism nowadays and it is not a bad cleanser ..but it doesn't help in acne like this one..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does this have a strong fragrance like other Lush products?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanveer,
    Sadly, I have never tried any LUSH products all though I really want too, I just don't know what to try first! I have troublesome oily skin, and you've mentioned that this absorbs excess oil; this seems like something I may want to try! Thank you for sharing!

    I just wanted to thank you for supporting my blog. It has recently come to my attention that my posts are not appearing on the dashboard (I guess I am having problems with feed). If you are still interested you may un-follow and re-follow for them to appear. Much appreciated, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Tanveer ... Nice review ... I have used Lush's "angels on bare skin" and loved it ... They are expensive but a treat to skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure if you have already heard about the following tip, but if you have not , its definitely worth a try,

    make a paste of neem leaves, tulsi leaves and cloves, add some multani mitti if the need be and apply this on the acne ..

    you can even mix neem oil , clove oil (tulsi oil is a bit tough to get, but if you do then mix it in too)with almond oil and apply it on the spots.. let me know if it worked for u ..

    as a teenager i had an oil slick on my skin , with a lot of skin problems , i was advised to steam my face and use that pack and wash off , follow it up with tht oil by an ayurvedic doctor. it worked

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey tanveer... lush things r soo exotic n luring..!! i really want to lay my hands on som of thr products now..this looks v.interesting to me..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been sorely tempted to try out lush products, especially because it's got natural ingredients. But I've not got anything coz my skin is very sensitive & fickle minded! And that's not good when the stuff is expensive.
    But I've got to ask, how has your routine changed since your skin went back to being oily? You much be using different products as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Lush! I currently use their Angels on Bare Skin, so far I have no complaints, but then again, its only my 2nd week! When I run out out of it, I will definitely give this a try! xx

    I'm a new follower by the way. Hope you can follow me back too!

    somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts