Lakme Shadow Artist Shimmer Sticks – Review
It claims: Let your eyes share magical moments with light beams. Creamy color pencils laced with super fine glitter, reflect light and bring a mesmerizing sparkle to your eyes. Edge, smudge, line, shadow, color or blend. Keep the mystery alive.
Price: Rs. 350 for a pencil of 1.14 gms
Shades reviewed: Astral Blue & Glimmer Green
What I like:
- The pigmentation of these pencils is just awesome, they don’t look patchy or faded at all even when blended in.
- They blend like super soft butter – perfect for all makeup newbies, although I do feel that one needs a brush to blend these. Fingers don’t do it as well for me.
- Astral Blue is a gorgeous, gorgeous shade. It is creamy, it is matt - yet it has a beautiful sheen to it, pigmented – the shade of blue is just divine & will look good on pretty much anyone. Use it as liner or eyeshadow.
- Glimmer Green – is a much subtle & shimmery when compared to Astral Blue. With this shade, I’d say be adventurous and use it as an inner corner highlighter or as a base to green eyeshadows.
What I don’t like:
- The colors (blue, green) are too garish for office wear. I wish they had come up with a subtle brown – now that would be perfect for daily wear. Another color I’d like to see is purple. But then maybe Lakme was testing the waters with these pencils
- The very thing that makes these pencils so super blendable – also makes them crease & smudge a bit. I didn’t mind the creasing coz I like my smokey eyes to look a bit lived in & messy (yea, I am ok with creasing – shocker confession there from a blogger) – I pair it with tousled hair, dewy skin & glossy lips – you have the rocker chick / messy look down to perfection. But if you don’t like the creasing – I suggest you apply this on a clean lid & dab a bit of translucent powder or similar colored eyeshadow on top.
- The tip is too thick for me to use these just as a liner – I prefer these smudged around the lower lash line & as an eyeshadow.
Would I re-purchase: Astral Blue – definitely. Glimmer Green, hmmm, maybe not. But Astral Blue is a must have.
Product sent by Company / PR for review, this is a honest recount of my experience with the product